Francis Holland Regents Park

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
exampipe

Francis Holland Regents Park

Post by exampipe »

From recent years, can anyone advise as to whether this school is oversubscribed for 11+ entry?
shootmenow

Re: Francis Holland Regents Park

Post by shootmenow »

They're all oversubscribed. Many more girls sit than there are places. Most girls get multiple offers so FH may be one girl's fallback and another girl's longshot. Looked very friendly. I have lots of friends with very happy girls there.
exampipe

Post by exampipe »

shootmenow wrote:They're all oversubscribed. Many more girls sit than there are places. Most girls get multiple offers so FH may be one girl's fallback and another girl's longshot. Looked very friendly. I have lots of friends with very happy girls there.
Thanks for the reply - do you know how many places are on offer at FH?
loveyouradvice

Post by loveyouradvice »

I'll endorse what shootmenow says - very lovely school, with very happy girls and significantly smaller than the more academic ones.

They seem to get very good results too with what is a mixed bag to start with.

I've heard of many a girl who's flunked the very academic exams then doing exceptionally well at FH.... and equally first choice for those where academia isnt their focus - eg sporty, etc....

Well worth going to one of their very informal helpful morning sessions for potential parents - you get a very good feel for the school
exampipe

Post by exampipe »

Thanks everyone for the responses....

my DD is having a difficult time...she is in a kind of shock that she hasn't reached the interviews for NLCS and CLSG....

We did like FH and thought it was a good school....we are pinning our hopes on this one....but we are also considering the possibility of not gaining a place at any school...
loveyouradvice

Post by loveyouradvice »

Poor love.... a very tough time for you both.

The odds are VERY good that she will be accepted, if she'd thought she might make City and NLCS.....

Really good luck.... and do remember that it might be worth talking to Queens too - Ive heard of people who've got in there but hadnt originally applied. Their head is superb.
Mark Thyme

Post by Mark Thyme »

We hear good things from parents about Queens these days too, and I think they look at late applicants.
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

But she's got an interview at Habs hasn't she exampipe?
exampipe

Post by exampipe »

Middlesexmum wrote:But she's got an interview at Habs hasn't she exampipe?
We haven't heard anything yet....... :( .... things are not looking good......

We also haven't heard from St Helens....and I see there are a number of posts re interviews confirmed!
loveyouradvice

Post by loveyouradvice »

exampipe - keep your pecker up - whatever you need - stiff G&T, facial, funny book.....and your DD. Tis so important for her - however difficult for us parents!

Habs take on a MUCH wider range than City and NLCS - and they are a bigger school ..... one of my favourites for DD.....

Gotta keep reminding yourself tis only the two MOST competitive that have said no at this stage.....

And do you want to do a reality check with the deeply experienced parents on here? Tis tough to advice without knowing more.... for example City reckoned you are in with a good chance if you are comfortably achieving level 5s+ by end of year 5.... Habs much less demanding and say they take lots at high level 4 by the time of the exam....Francis Holland are less demanding still.....all are great schools and get good results and produce happy confident daughters!