Snow

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

doodles

Snow

Post by doodles »

Thinking ahead to tomorrow and trying to plan several people in several different directions can anybody give me a weather check from T.Wells please.
Pumpkin Pie

Re: Snow

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

Try: AccuWeather

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 8874,d.d2k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can also download their detailed app for Android, Blackberry and I Pad.
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

Hi Doodles, glad to see someone is on the same wavelength as me. A forecast is all very well but it's not 100% and can't tell you what very localised weather is like. DH was at work on Friday, less than 2 miles from home and when I text him to say it was snowing he thought I was joking until he came home after work and saw for himself, they'd had none at all LOL

Can't help with TW's weather but would like to know what it's like in Tonbridge as am off there tomorrow, weather permitting. My journey is for work but not for something which can't be delayed and the SAT NAV does like to send me on very small roads which won't have been treated, although may have been driven on by a tractor......
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

My favourite weather website is The Weather Outlook.

http://www.theweatheroutlook.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However, localised weather forecasts on here would be good. I know between the village I live in and Maidstone, a few miles away, can be quite a difference in the amount of snow.

Can I have a Tonbridge weather forecast please? Thanks.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

T12acy - are we telepathic?
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

pheasantchick wrote:T12acy - are we telepathic?
Maybe? DH thinks I am a witch (for a number of reasons).... but for today we looked out to see there had been no snow, around 15 minutes later I told him I felt it was snowing, he laughed, so I looked and it was coming down really heavy :shock:

I specifically need to know what it's like in the village of Leigh, near Tonbridge.... Would be lovely if someone could help us out :wink:
doodles

Post by doodles »

From the Chipstead Correspondent!

Chipstead / Chevening very snowy indeed has been snowing without a break from about 8.30 this morning - would say we have had about 3-4 inches today already. Drove into Riverhead this morning and the main road (A25) was clear but very wet / a bit slushy and there was very little traffic on it to keep things clear. Will venture out again later and report back.

At the moment it is snowing heavily (2.20 p.m.)
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I'm between Sevenoaks and West Malling and the roads are covered....none gritted and little movement. Am due in to work...the Pembury road is clearish apparently....but with the slush its going to be very icy later...think it is going to snow tonight and tomorrow. I look at about six weather websites on a loop when it snows and have come to the conclusion to just go with whatever is outside my windows.
zvrk

Post by zvrk »

doodles

Post by doodles »

I'm with you scarlett, the online forecasts are all very well but there's nothing like first hand report from somebody standing out in in :lol:

Safe journey to work later.