First Day Nerves - for Mum!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Karen

First Day Nerves - for Mum!

Post by Karen »

Hi all. Hope you had a fantastic summer holiday and your little ones are ready for starting their new school. I can't believe how fast the time has flown. I dropped my young man off at the bus stop this morning for his first day at KEGS. He was as cool as a cucumber, but I had butterflies enough for both of us. Being just Y7 and Y12 in school today, he was the only one at the bus stop near us and I was beginning to panic that (a) we had the wrong bus stop(!) and (b) he wouldn't know anyone on the bus and I would be even more nervous as I waived him off. Thankfully, the bus arrived, the bus driver told me off for embarrassing him by giving him a kiss before he got on the bus (made me feel better anyway) and it was an enormous relief to see he'd spotted someone he knew. Phew!!
Now just got to wait to see if he can remember which bus stop he needs to get off at on the way home! Of course, I'll be there to flag the bus down - just in case. I know, it's sad, but once today is over, I'll feel much better. :oops:

Best of luck to everyone for their first day and in the future. Thinking of you all. :D :D :D
K.xx

Post by Guest »

Good to see you here Karen. My daughter started CCHS today, thought it was fab and is absolutley shattered. Special dinner of roast beef cooking now and she's chilling on the sofa, well done to all the kids on this special day.
Guest22

Post by Guest22 »

I know exactly what you mean. My daughter started Colchester County High today too and I couldn't help but think she looked too small to be on the public bus all on her own. She informed me I was being over protective and waved me off with a smile! She thoroughly enjoyed her first day and has already made some great new friends. Can't think why I was so worried in the first place!!!!!
Karen

Post by Karen »

My son is still on a high from the day (he found the bus stop ok, by the way!) and says he's not feeling tired at all. Tomorrow will be tough, when it will probably catch up with him. Just finished a roast dinner, too, and now chilling on the sofa in front of The Simpsons. Bless. :lol:
Joanne

Post by Joanne »

Hi Karen

Nice to know your little man had a great first day at kegs!! I was the same as you on tuesday morning, actually made myself feel really unwell, while my daughter took it all in her stride, per usual. It seems really strange waving her off at 06.35 from our front door, standing in my PJ's while she's heading off to the bus stop on her own, to get to WHSG. But she does it with ease and confidence...it's scary! They will grow up so fast now, and It will go so quickly that GCSE results will be flying by.....aarrrggghhh the thought.
Hope everyone's children had a great first week and they continue to enjoy themselves at their chosen grammer schools....well done everyone.

Joanne xx
Karen

Post by Karen »

Hello Joanne, it's great to hear from you. You must be so proud to see your daughter going off to school with such confidence. You're right, they will grow up fast, but we'll still be there to worry about them as they go through their growing up stages.

I've been asked to help a friend's son with his 11+ prep, so looks like it's not quite over for me yet. Directing his parents to this website was the first lesson! :lol:

Best wishes

K.

Post by Guest »

Karen wrote: Directing his parents to this website was the first lesson! :lol:
K.
I hope you did not tell them about REHAB/Hotel California, Karen; they mght run a mile or lose their concentration.

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:
Karen wrote: Directing his parents to this website was the first lesson! :lol:
K.
I hope you did not tell them about REHAB/Hotel California, Karen; they mght run a mile or lose their concentration.
Oops! :oops:
Hopefully, they'll concentrate on the necessity to get through 11+ first and then check in to REHAB/Hotel California at the appropriate moment. We've all been there; done that and we are all still trying to check out (but we know we'll never leave), it's only a matter of time before we have some new "guests"! :wink:
Karen

Post by Karen »

Oops that was me posting the reply. Forgot to type my name in first. Perhaps I'll register one day.

Post by Guest »

Forgot to type my name in first. Perhaps I'll register one day.
Yes, you definitely should register, Karen.
Then you can visit the Hotel and share the wine. :lol: