Reading Boys - What was pattern (2013 entry)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

earleymom

Reading Boys - What was pattern (2013 entry)

Post by earleymom »

Hi All,

Hopefully Boarders/Late tests are completed.

Can we discuss the pattern this year?

VR/NVR - Were there many Logic question like last year? Was it time constrained?

Maths - Was it in the same level as KS2 or harder?

English - Were there two short comprehensions as last year? And Cloze tests? What about the grammar/spelling mistake questions?

Appreciate all your inputs.

Thanks
mum-of-three

Re: Reading Boys - What was pattern (2013 entry)

Post by mum-of-three »

Really looking forward to the answer to this...
earleymom

Post by earleymom »

Yes, we've been waiting patiently until all the exams were completed.

Please, share info about the tests. All the little info you can share could help us steer in the right direction.

GreatReadingDad, pndt.snl, DAREMMA, cestlavie, 11+ Novice, cocoa0101 and the rest - eagerly awaiting your replies..

Thanks a lot..
Kendrick mum

Post by Kendrick mum »

Hi all,

ALthough i did write it down cant locate my crib sheet but from what i remember

this year both nvr and vr in reasoning paper

English two comprehensions one was first day at school, then sections on choosing the right word palate, palette etc came up again

Maths my ds thought this was very easy although he scored lowest in this paper- much to my surprise too as this is his best subject by far- perhaps easy paper lots of boys doing really well?

Hope that helps if i hav anymore will post again.

Kendrick mum
earleymom

Post by earleymom »

Appreciate your feedback Kendrick mum.

Expecting more replies soon...

One question in English - sections on choosing the right word : Is it based on Homophones? or Spelling mistakes? Or both?

What about Synonym sections? Do they just give separate words and ask to choose the correct meaning or synonyms for words from the Comprehension?

Request to Moderators: I can understand Parents(and the children) will forget the questions because of the time gap. In future, is it possible for the parents to give the details of the papers to the Moderators after the completion of the test and then the details can be passed on later for the interested parents in January. Would be very helpful for parents.

Thanks..
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Happy to collect and collate information. It has worked in previous years but does rely on the goodwill of the parents and DCs. Also as Reading write their own papers they can change the focus from year to year. The forum contains feedback from the last couple of years which are relevant.

Having prepared for both Reading and Kendrick not sure which I prefer from a diy parent's point of view.