King's College Wimbledon

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

oak

King's College Wimbledon

Post by oak »

My DS sat this exam on Saturday. I was wondering if anyone knows when they are likely to start interviewing?
Plus11

Re: King's College Wimbledon

Post by Plus11 »

No idea, but also dying to know. I presume they'd start calling for scholarship exams any day now... Anyone heard yet? Do you know how many 11+ boys were there, oak?
oak

Post by oak »

There are no scholarship exams, just a second interview. Still waiting to hear something. There were around 200 who sat for the 16 places, but I think they interview around 50 boys. Has anyone else heard anything yet??
Plus11

Post by Plus11 »

you are right, meant scholarship interviews... so around 1 in 4 chance of getting an interview :| won't hold my breath, I guess. DS can perform exceptionally and then the next day shock me with a piece that is so sloppy, it's unbelievable. Hope he had one of his good days. How did your DS feel? Mine just talks in monosyllables when I try to find out anything... Everything these days is "Fine"
menagerie

Post by menagerie »

Just 16 places at Kings? I had no idea it was such a small intake.
oak

Post by oak »

There are only 16 places because their big intake is at 13, so really you are joining the Junior School at 11. My ds said that the maths was okay but the english was challenging..hope not too challenging!
oak

Post by oak »

Ds had interview yesterday have to just wait now. Anyone else??
Plus11

Post by Plus11 »

Same here:) Good luck!
agathachristie

Post by agathachristie »

Hi Oak congrats to your DS that you have heard and had the interview already... DS sat the 10+ and no news this end.... I hope we hear something this end soon...
junonia

Post by junonia »

I assume that if we have not been called for an interview by now, it must be a no. Can anyone confirm if KCS send a letter to those who do not make it to the interview stage?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now