CLSB

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
simon

CLSB

Post by simon »

I wondered what reports parents received of the exam from their boys. My son said the VR/nonVR was hard but the English and maths was OK
ClappedOutMum

Re: CLSB

Post by ClappedOutMum »

Mine did 10+ so perhaps not applicable to yours, but he found them all ok. (I always worry when they say it was ok/easy - they are likely to have missed a trick....)

Long wait for the letter inviting interview (or not) .....
agathachristie

Post by agathachristie »

My DS also sat city 10+ he thought the English and VR was straight forward but found the maths challenging in parts.... Was also not impressed with the lunch... Can't bare this long wait... So stressful
ClappedOutMum

Post by ClappedOutMum »

Yep - lunch was "vomit inducing" according to my son - ah well. He had a lolly for afters...

and agree stressful!
shaded

Post by shaded »

Mine sat for the 10+ exams too. Next week cannot come soon enough, whatever the results are I need to know so I can move on from this stressful stage. Good luck all.
simon

Post by simon »

strangely, mine didn't seem to mind the lunch.
bethany

Post by bethany »

My DS also sat the 10+ last week. He says he loved the lunch and found all of the exams 'fine'. I seriously question that boys judgement at times!! :lol: I guess at least he's positive!

Just waiting now to hear if he gets an interview. Does anyone know how many sat the 10+ this year. DS says that there were 180 boys there, which seems dramatically up on the 110 that we were told sat last year. Eeek!
ClappedOutMum

Post by ClappedOutMum »

bethany wrote:Does anyone know how many sat the 10+ this year. DS says that there were 180 boys there, which seems dramatically up on the 110 that we were told sat last year. Eeek!
Eeek indeed - 180! My DS doesn't know how many (I asked again this morning). He thinks there were 15 in his group - but how many groups - no idea?

I know numbers go up year on year. 99 for 2011 entry, 110 for 2012 entry - but to 180 is a big jump!

Also the number of acceptances go up year on year: Last year they offered 52 places (with a view of expecting 40 acceptances), consistently with years before, but more accepted than they intended so in the end there were 45 places boys who entered that year (and not one from the waiting list)!

Oh dear - only another week or two (if interviewed) to go so we can then move on: celebrating or putting plan B into action (for us, staying in state primary for another year .....).
shaded

Post by shaded »

Interesting statistics for the 10+. So if 110 sat the exams last year and they offered places to 52 boys, does anyone know how many of the 110 were interviewed?

Although I know parsing stats does not help it is all I can do until the letters come out next week.
ClappedOutMum

Post by ClappedOutMum »

shaded wrote:So if 110 sat the exams last year and they offered places to 52 boys, does anyone know how many of the 110 were interviewed?
I'd be interested in that.

I would have thought (but its a guess only) that they don't interview that many more than offers they will make. My thinking being that by that stage they know the boy is bright enough for what they want, and all they are doing is to make sure he has got minimum social skills and a little bit of articulation (and most will so why interview too many more).

Or am I completely off?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now