Northwood College Interview

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

exampipe

Northwood College Interview

Post by exampipe »

As well as sitting the Group 2 test today, my DD also received an invitation to a group interview (and online test) which will last 2 and 1/2 hours at Northwood College.

Can anyone advise what they cover in this amount of time, and what the test is based on (NVR, VR???)
Thanks
Daogroupie

Re: Northwood College Interview

Post by Daogroupie »

The group interview will be all about working at as a team and showing that your dd can be inclusive and not dominate. She will be in a group of about six girls and they will be given a task and will be expected to work together to complete it and not leave anyone out. i do not know for sure that this is what Northwood do but I have experience of other local indys that do this with their group interview. DG
instantsunshine

Re: Northwood College Interview

Post by instantsunshine »

Spot-on DAOG save that the initial group was slightly larger & after they had all said their names & answered an ice-breaker qn they were split into 2 small groups. All v non-stressful & the staff were very welcoming & empathetic.
The online test was a CEM style test - see other threads on this forum for types of content. V tight on time in some sections apparently - DD2 had never done anything like it before so it was a bit of a shock to the system(especially as I had forgotten to warn her that when you move on from one section in on-line tests you often can't go back :oops: ). Prep tip - as ever, VOCABULARY!!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now