Question for the Warwickshire regulars

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Okanagan

Question for the Warwickshire regulars

Post by Okanagan »

I'm looking to put together a few new "stickies" with the answers to the frequently asked questions for Warwickshire - dates, historical scores, procedure on the day, etc. If any of you have any ideas or suggestions please post them and I'll see what I can do to collate the relevant information.

Important dates sticky is already up - for the others I'm thinking along the lines of:

1 - schools - priority areas - PAN - past scores information (this will be an expansion of the other new sticky which currently has just past qualifying scores).
2 - content - what's stated in admissions policies + what's known about past years content
3 - exam day - what happens - timed sections, no turning back, etc
4 - results - what you get, how to interpret it, understanding standardisation
5 - myths and realities - what scores do you really need, and what urban legends should you ignore? Chances of getting a place (applications vs places info)
6 - any other ideas?
serendippyty

Re: Question for the Warwickshire regulars

Post by serendippyty »

All of the above - could you include the lowest qualifying position as well as score for each school? It would be interesting to know roughly how many turn places down.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

I'll try. I don't have that info at the moment, but we can always ask if it's possible to obtain it.
serendippyty

Post by serendippyty »

thank you :) I think you are doing a great job.
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

Okanagan

You are doing a wonderful job on here. Many thanks; it's now becoming an informative and dynamic Warks section now.

Just a question to all posters, can you please submit content for the CEM exams from Oct 2010, Oct 2011 and Sep 2012. If there issues with submitting 2012 content, surely some posters may have feedback from the 2010 and 2011 tests to submit to Okanagan - to collate and disseminate.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
serendippyty

Post by serendippyty »

I have 2010 info if needed.
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

serendippyty wrote:I have 2010 info if needed.
That's great. Just PM the details to Okanagan, as per her earlier post on this thread. :D