Getting closer

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

nervousmom

Getting closer

Post by nervousmom »

Haven't been around for a while, so thought I would check in and see what is going on.

Have the indie exams been taken yet? If so when can results be expected?

Also is anyone else on the countdown to the secondary school offers, only 4 weeks and 4 days to wait!
UmSusu

Re: Getting closer

Post by UmSusu »

Welcome back nervousmum :D I wondered whether you would be back to start off everyone's anxieties again! :wink:

Even with Indie exams we are all still waiting for allocation day too. KES and Solihull have had their exams, but not sure about Warwick and any others. EHS (girls) have had theirs too and KEHS have theirs later this week. I don't know about the other schools but KES results are 15th Feb.

I have promised myself not to begin a countdown until we hit February so I am not joining your game yet- well not for another 3 days anyway :lol:

UmSusu
UmSusu
newbiemum

Post by newbiemum »

31 sleeps sounds less!! It's just been a horrible wait I'd have rather not known score I think! Even if your above what is perceived to be borderline we have all been worrying! I'm not happy I have this wait two more times, but thanks to everyone on this forum I am much more informed and prepared for when the time comes! Not long now, feb is a short month :D
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Hi UmSusu, thought I Would come back as I don't want to disappoint you!!, :lol:

To be honest, I am not as worried about the offers as I was the results. My DS should get KEFW with his score, know its not definate, but fairly certain - I hope!! :?

If per chance he doesn't get FW he will definately definately get KES Stratford, so I am quite laid back about it. Well at the moment anyway.

Quite right newbie, only 31 sleeps and counting!!,
newbiemum

Post by newbiemum »

I was okay until my ds said I can't wait till march, I said for your birthday and he said no, until we know the school results! I didn't think he was so bothered but it transpires he is and really wants his first choice so much! Which got me mythering again, we are 10/11 marks above QS at chosen grammer last 2 years but I'm not taking that as okay I'm worried! Still! Need lots of February distractions!!
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Well FW was 227 & 225 I think and DS was 237, so hoping that is good enough, but you never know I suppose!

He so wants FW.
newbiemum

Post by newbiemum »

Nervous mom that's a great score he's done really well! We are a similar point score above then but your DS has a better score than mine but we want BV first, lower QS historically. Based on information given they should be fine, can't help worry about score transparancy this year though. would be a big hike in score if we missed out! You have kes Stratford too, so you have a fab back up! We could have QM but a real problem to get too! Hope your ds gets his FW :D
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Newbie - hope your Ds gets his choice.

29 and counting!!!
newbiemum

Post by newbiemum »

That's kind thank you nervous mom. Nearly feb! :D
houseful

Post by houseful »

No news from KES but had offer from Solihull today :D . Now need to apply for bursary as we wouldn't be in a position to accept without one.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now