Latymer Upper

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tw9mum

Latymer Upper

Post by tw9mum »

Thought I may as well start this as those letters will be due on Tuesday.

This year, Latymer Upper held their 11+ exam on two days. Not sure if it was because they had stacks more applicants, or because it was easier logistically. I believe that, unlike KGS, the papers were different for each day.

Any insight, anyone?
Jess

Re: Latymer Upper

Post by Jess »

The 2nd day was only to accommodate the DC who weren't able to sit the main day due to an exam clash (Latymer and Alleyn's exams were on the same day this year). There weren't many DC at the 2nd exam, I'd say 30-40 at a guess?
My DS did the reserve date but I couldn't tell you if the papers were different as I don't know what was in the first one!
tw9mum

Post by tw9mum »

I don't think the other DC had another exam that clashed that first day, though I could be wrong.

Have just received an email re Latymer music scholarship audition, btw.
Jess

Post by Jess »

My DS said that all the DC he spoke to on the reserve day were there because they'd been at Alleyn's on the Tuesday.

Congrats on music scholarship email. That must mean you will be hearing about an interview too?

Not long to wait now for the rest of us...
Jess

Post by Jess »

DS has an interview! Very relieved. Anyone know numbers being interviewed vs number of offers made?
loveyouradvice

Post by loveyouradvice »

No idea...and love to know.

DD has interview too much to my surprise and delight - and hers!
tw9mum

Post by tw9mum »

A friend rang Latymer yesterday as she hadn't received the letter and was told that 900 sat the exam and about 350 have been asked for interviews for 124 places (with another 40 coming through from the junior school). These numbers aren't pinpoint precise.

Hope that's useful!
junonia

Post by junonia »

My goodness! 900????!!! Things are definitely getting out of control... no wonder my DS didn't get an interview...and he is a bright boy! Congrats to those who got an interview!
loveyouradvice

Post by loveyouradvice »

I've always told DD that Latymer - unlike the other schools she is applying to - is a bit of a lottery - Numbers so huge they wont always let the right ones through!!!

She's been lucky - other good friends equally talented havent been - Important we dont let our kids believe it means anything about them
Jess

Post by Jess »

That's helpful tw9mum, thanks for that info. I had heard that around 1000 sat this year! I wonder how many of the 350 interviewed will get offers, given that most people apply to multiple schools...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now