Difference between Bond Assessments publication Years

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
spytek

Difference between Bond Assessments publication Years

Post by spytek »

Hi

Not sure which section this question fits in and I have tried searching but haven't found an answer.
I have noticed that there are two sets of Bond 11+ publications available with similar covers. There are those that were published in 2007 and a newer set published in 2011/2012.

Just wondering if the contents are the same in both and the later is just a re-publish of the older set or are the contents vastly different? I have found a few 2007 versions on sale at a discount price but not sure if its worth getting them if the content is different to the 2011/2012 versions as I would assume the later would be more up to date.

Also the Bond 11+ come as book 1 and book 2. I'm assuming that they are both similar and just contain different test papers and that I don't have to buy book 1 in order to use book 2 or does book 1 contain additional information?

Any additional tips and suggestions relating to the Bond 11+ books would be welcome.

Thanks in advance

Rob
hopefulmum2

Re: Difference between Bond Assessments publication Years

Post by hopefulmum2 »

I appear to have Bond papers with different covers but exactly the same content. The older ones were passed onto me. They are the ones with the ages on the cover and just called verbal reasoning. The 10 minute tests appear different and I am not sure about these Bond 2 books.
ahap

Post by ahap »

We bought Bond Book 1 Maths & English 10-11 only when DD was in yr5.
We found some printing mistakes in the answer sections in Maths Book 1 if I remember correctly :roll: If you are buying a new one I suggest you buy the new version but please make sure you buy the one without the mistakes it will make your life a bit easier.
I did see a glimpse of the older version when DD's cousin did it while DD did the new version & I thought they were similar but the new one had some different questions. My memory is a bit vague at the moment, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Sorry I don't know which Bond publications you are talking about. They do publish a lot.
spytek

Post by spytek »

mystery wrote:Sorry I don't know which Bond publications you are talking about. They do publish a lot.
As an example, take Bond English Assessment Papers 9-10 Years Book 1:

Publish Date: 28/06/2007
ISBN: 9780748781126

Then you have a newer version:
Publish Date: 05/03/2012
ISBN: 9781408516256

Both by the same author, same cover and both claim to be new editions. Just wanted to know if they are the same inside or are they different. Thanks
pof4

Post by pof4 »

Hi - if you email your question regarding book editions directly to Bond I'm sure they will give you the information you need.
Also I have several bk1 and bk2 assessment papers for VR/NVR - bk2 contains a new set of papers from bk1 in every case
hth
spytek

Post by spytek »

I have emailed the publisher but haven't received a reply as yet. I ordered the 2012 publication of the 9-10 years English book 1 and in the first page, it says that this edition was published in 2007 which has confused me even more as a search by the ISBN number says that it was published in 2012 :shock:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Looking through my big suitcase of books ( first child took 11 plus in 2010 ) I would say the Bond books 1 and 2 are the same as the old books which used to be called third and more third...for the age 9 - 10 you are talking about. I have bought books and papers over the years only to find they are identical to ones I already have :evil: . Last year, I bought a variety of different publications.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Just had another look....don't have the English one but the more third and book 2 in maths is identical.
Oh, and so is an old non verbal given to me in 2009 and one I have just bought. :evil: Only a problem if you have more than one child and stupidly let them write in the book in biro......they never seem to notice when given recycled questions and strangely score worse second time found. Or is that just mine.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Perhaps these questions are "practice-proof" then - quick, tell Kent before they spend loads of money on a brand new test each year.

Maybe Bond doesn't want to admit that they just republish the same books again and again with slightly different name and cover.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now