GL Practise paper - step by step answers

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
goldenstar

GL Practise paper - step by step answers

Post by goldenstar »

I've recently purchased GL Practice papers, i am wondering is there any books available to explain the answers step by step.

Thanks
yoyo123

Re: GL Practise paper - step by step answers

Post by yoyo123 »

what subject? with Verbal Reasoning you could look at the IPS method and techniques, which would explain the different types of question.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/shop/9 ... upils.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For specific questions you could use the search facility to see if anyone else has asked a similar question and had a reply.
Moi Moi

Post by Moi Moi »

How about for the maths? I cant believe we spend so much money on these papers and they publish papers and answers with no explanations!!
mystery

Post by mystery »

For the vr and nvr there are books by gl assessment called vr explained, nvr explained. They do not go through the practice paper questions but they do tell you in detail how to do each question type.

There is nothing like that for the maths because it would have to be a primary maths text book. I have just done all 8 maths papers myself. It does not take long. I was wanting to see which topics dd needs to cover during year 5. Most of them an adult can do without writing anything/very much down at all.

Haven't waded thorough vr and nvr yet. Yuck.
Rainbow Petals

Post by Rainbow Petals »

Moi Moi wrote:How about for the maths? I cant believe we spend so much money on these papers and they publish papers and answers with no explanations!!
I completely agree with you. I don't know if CGP papers are relevant for you but they are one of the publishers that do give full explanations with their answers. I find them to be a great resource. :)