Upton Hall school bus

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mjames

Upton Hall school bus

Post by mjames »

I hear Wirral schools have school buses to North Wales.
Does anyone know more details of this-especially Upton Hall FCJ? I rang them but the lady was clueless!!!
Thanks in advance
Bati

Re: Upton Hall school bus

Post by Bati »

I have heard west kirby have a school bus to north wales but not heard about upton hall. If you go on their website and into school information, scan down and you can find their bus routes
mjames

Post by mjames »

Dear Bati,
Thank you very much.I did look at the school website, but couldn't understand it well. Hence called them, but still none the wiser.
It says different options:
1) Public transport by commercial bus operators
2)"Supported Bus Services" by Merseytravel
3)"Subsidised School Buses" by FIRST and HAPPY AL

Can you explain me please, if you know the differences of these.
Thanx in advance
Bati

Post by Bati »

I really dont know sorry
We find out in 4 weeks if my dd will be going to wirral grammar upton hall or west kirby
There is a school bus for wirral and west kirby around the corner from us but not for upton hall. If she gets upton hall we will either have to drive her there or drive her to eastham where she can get the bus.
There is another girl in her primary who has also applied to upton hall and if they both get upton hall then we are planning car share to the school or car share to the bus
I think the best thing you can do is see if any of those bus routes matches your area, if they do then phone the bus company to get more info
debs2028

Post by debs2028 »

I think the only schools that operate a service to Wales is west Kirkby grammar and calday grange grammar

http://www.calday.wirral.sch.uk/sites/d ... 2012_1.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bus routes for upton

http://www.uptonhallschool.co.uk/page/? ... on&pid=254" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Whether you could get a train or bus to connect to these buses I do not know but it would make it a long journey
Debs :)
Newbie But Stressed

Post by Newbie But Stressed »

Not sure how reliable or how early it starts, but there is a train from North Wales to Upton Station.

Stops Shotton, Hawarden, Buckley etc takes approx 30 minutes.

I would probabably check out first as I would be concerned with kids travelling on this alone,
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now