Csse

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
viji

Csse

Post by viji »

Hi
My son passed csse scoring 312. I applied through redbridge borough as a first choice.
Now I am moving into Chelmsford area. Is there any possibilty that he can get a place?. Can i send a letter to the school explaining about my current situation? Any advice greatly appreciated. :x
hermanmunster

Re: Csse

Post by hermanmunster »

viji wrote:Hi
My son passed csse scoring 312. I applied through redbridge borough as a first choice.
Now I am moving into Chelmsford area. Is there any possibilty that he can get a place?. Can i send a letter to the school explaining about my current situation? Any advice greatly appreciated. :x
Welcome viji

Did you Chelmsford first on the list and have you actually moved?
viji

Post by viji »

Yes Csse is the first choice and moving in three weeks time.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

the school offer 96 places and these are on the basis of score regardless of where you live - there is a thread where people posted their scores for application to the schools this year - worth having a read http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 15&t=28403" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
aang

Post by aang »

There is no such thing as a "pass mark" for KEGS as candidates are ranked solely according to scores.

It is extremely unlikely that a score of 312 will be sufficient - the attachment from CSSE indicates that the lowest score to secure an offer at KEGS in the last four years was 337 for in catchment candidates.

It is possible that a score of 312 might be sufficient for an out of catchment place at Westcliff or Southend. Take a look at the Essex forum for more posts on scores and feedback from the open afternoon/evening presentations.
viji

Post by viji »

Thanks for your reply. I haven't applied for westcliff or southend. Do they consider late application?. I know that i am too anxious to get one of these grammer school. Do they allocated all places? Any advice please
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi viji

did a search on late applications for westcliff and southend - came up with quite a few threads - http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... mit=Search" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ahap

Post by ahap »

You can make a late application to both or one of the schools at Southend. The Southend pass mark is 303. This score is likely to get a place in catchment.
The score of 315.996 and 3 or 4 of similar scores got in from the out of catchment waiting list last year but 315.174 missed by one place last year, however every year is different.
Last edited by ahap on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
viji

Post by viji »

Thank you for your information.
But, i already made my choices. Is there any way that i can change my preferences?
ahap

Post by ahap »

You have to contact the Essex LEA and tell them about your move and your situation. They will allocate places to everyone who applied before the closing date which was 31/10/2012. After allocation day March 1st 2013, they will look into any late applications. If you want to make a late application to Southend LEA you have to go through the Essex LEA if you live in Chelmsford.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.