Fat envelope v thin envelope

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tw9mum

Fat envelope v thin envelope

Post by tw9mum »

Based on anyone's past experiences, especially for SPGS and Latymer Upper, will a thin envelope landing on the doormat in xx days time signal a disappointment waiting inside it :?: :!:
tabasco

Re: Fat envelope v thin envelope

Post by tabasco »

Just open the evenlope on 27/02/2013 and we should know in less than probably 2 seconds. I don't think is a good idea to second guess fat or thin envelope??? :)
tw9mum

Post by tw9mum »

True, but at least you could then momentarily prepare yourself before opening by sitting down with a strong coffee/strong something else to hand :D
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

All I can say is that this post made me laugh! :lol:
tabasco

Post by tabasco »

tw9mum wrote:True, but at least you could then momentarily prepare yourself before opening by sitting down with a strong coffee/strong something else to hand :D
If your DD got an offer you probably wouldn't drink anything until you called everyone. :lol: :lol: :lol:
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

This post made me smile: last year we had this same discussion wrt KES in Brum - we settled on the thin one meaning rejection and that is exactly what happened - the thin one's were a single sheet of paper which began with the words regret, dissapointed etc and the acceptances were big fat envelopes full of promise, enticements, reply forms and invites to events. I could be wrong about other schools but I think the envelope's thickness is a give away - if I get a thin one, I will know to emphasise the 'we are proud of you for getting this fat speech' before bracing myself.

UmSusu
UmSusu
vnmomma

Post by vnmomma »

You can never really tell. When my two sons applied to CC and WUS and both got into the 2 schools, their interview and offer letters were only 1 page long in a thin envelope. Multiple times we thought they were rejection letters.

Not sure how the girls schools will do it.
tw9mum

Post by tw9mum »

UmSusu, do have another look at your post - I think you may have meant a speech on 'we are proud of you for getting this far' rather than 'we are proud of you for getting this fat'. How funny!!

:lol: :lol:
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:

Yes, i meant far not fat - I was going to edit it but I think I will leave it :lol:
UmSusu
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

UmSusu wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:

Yes, i meant far not fat - I was going to edit it but I think I will leave it :lol:

please leave it ... :lol: :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now