2012 Key Stage 4 Exam Results for ALL English Schools

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

miniwheels70

2012 Key Stage 4 Exam Results for ALL English Schools

Post by miniwheels70 »

Hi All

One of my children (and a few kids of my colleagues) are choosing their GCSE subjects right now and wanted to have a look at the latest exam results for their school. My child wanted to see how the school did last year for History and Geography, to help him decide which one to choose as his option.

Luckily, the Department For Education has just published the latest exam results down to school and subject level at the end of January.
I've used this data to create an easy way to look at all the Key Stage 4 results by school.

http://public.tableausoftware.com/views ... s?:embed=y

Simply search by School/College or select by School Type and/or Local Authority.

Obviously, this is not a stand-alone way to choose your subjects, but it's useful information, nonetheless.

Thanks
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Re: 2012 Key Stage 4 Exam Results for ALL English Schools

Post by DIY Mum »

Thank-you so much for this. :D I've been wondering about the humanities (Geog v History) also for my ds.
Ds1 (at kechb) is doing both out of interest. However, ds2 at KEA has no preference so it'll come down to the stronger department.

Interesting for me to note in this table, is that KEA not only had better results in History than in Geography, but also that the number of candidates who achieved an A* / A in History, were higher than those at KECHB.
Thingsbehindthesun

Post by Thingsbehindthesun »

Great!

:mrgreen:
miniwheels70

Post by miniwheels70 »

Thanks for the comments.
I'll be posting a Key Stage 5 version ASAP, so hopefully, that will be useful too!