A good tutor for North London Collegiate

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

QUEENMA

A good tutor for North London Collegiate

Post by QUEENMA »

Hi all !

Iam asking for help on behalf of my colleague. His daughter is currently in year 7 in a good comprehensive school.My colleague is now moving to North London following a split.
They have just received confirmation that North London Collegiate might have a place in year 8 beginning September.
My colleague wants to give his daughter a really good chance - please can someone suggest a good tutor to prepare his daughter for the entrance exam - in about 4 weeks time !
Please pm me with the details and I will happily pass them on to him.
Thanks in advance
Queenma

Genuine recommendations by PM only (private message) are acceptable - but beware of the possibility that someone who appears to be offering a recommendation may have a vested interest! Please let us know if you think anyone is abusing the system by soliciting for business or 'spamming'. (It's easy to report a possible problem: just click on the 'report button' - the red exclamation mark.)

Always treat recommendations from unknown persons with caution. However, there are many long standing members (check the date of joining and number of posts) who make a valuable contribution to the forum. If you receive a recommendation from one of them, it could be worth considering seriously (while still exercising a degree of caution).

If you receive a recommendation from anyone else, please exercise extreme caution!

Note also:
Tutors can found in the online tutor directory by following this link:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/services/directory

Institutional Course details can be found by following this link:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/servic ... us-courses

Intensive Holiday Courses can be found by following this link:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/servic ... CEM-11plus

Kind regards,

ForumAdmin
fizzypops

Re: A good tutor for North London Collegiate

Post by fizzypops »

Try a look in the local library. It must be somebody who lives very close to the area because then they know the area well and are able to adapt your colleague's child's ability to the exam's needs.
FP Fizzypops
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

NLCS are part of the North London Consortium so they do not run their own exam but share the same paper with several other schools. DG
leanmeamum

Post by leanmeamum »

Speak to the school as this is an entry into year 8. What subjects are they going to test on? My daughter had curriculum based English, Maths and science tests when we moved in 2006. It was a different indie and she went to NLCS later. They might have an internal tests for year 8 entrances.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now