Just a mark away! (Bucks)

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

jummy

Just a mark away! (Bucks)

Post by jummy »

My son scored 120, just one mark away! We want to go through the review selection. He's a very bright child, using his academics performances and school backing. All his SATs results were all level 5s. He didn't have any tutor or go for any tutorials. Advice are welcome please!
Etienne

Re: Just a mark away!

Post by Etienne »

So close!
What was his other score?

All our advice is now summarised here:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 35&t=29733" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Start gathering the academic evidence (you need as much as possible, whether you opt for a review or an appeal):
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
jummy

Re: Just a mark away! (Bucks)

Post by jummy »

Thank u so much Etienne! His other score was 117, but d final & best was 120. Already requested for the review form to be posted. Please, l need more advice on how to go about this. Thank you.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

117 is reasonable.

You really need to work your way down the list of academic evidence I referred to above.

Do you have alternative evidence of reasoning ability, e.g. well-above average CAT scores or NFER VR?
Etienne
jummy

Post by jummy »

:D I am a joyful mother! My son's selection review outcome was successful!
instantsunshine

Post by instantsunshine »

Many congrats jummy! Fab news! :D
jummy

Post by jummy »

Thank you instantsunshine!
jummy

Post by jummy »

A very big thank you to Etienne, Sally-Anne and other members of the forum! Your advice was very useful, to keep the reason brief and precise! Thank u all!
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Many congratulations!

Good to hear your news. :D
Etienne
candy46

Post by candy46 »

My son got 120 too and got through the appeal, phew, thats two sons with 120 both through, and hopefully both DS2 will join DS1 at RGS.

Thank you all so much for all the useful info. DS was the only one at his school to get through on appeal, one mum ranted and ranted in her letter :( I did tell her not to. I am so grateful for the sound and sensible advice on here. Feel like an enormous weight has been lifted ad I really feel for those of you still deciding what on earth to do now.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now