KEHS interviews

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bloxy57

KEHS interviews

Post by Bloxy57 »

Hello everyone,

I know that some children have started to get the call for KES interviews. So just wanted to ask those who know the system better than me, when do KEHS start calling for interviews?

Do all children who have applied for an AP place get interviewed as well as those who are offered a scholarship? Also how many AP places and scholarships are offered?

Thank you all in advance for responses.
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Re: KEHS interviews

Post by DIY Mum »

According to KEHS' site, approx 1/4 of their girls in the school get some form of bursary support.

Any dp who is fortunate enough to get an interview should probably hear about it by the end of this week. Unless some have heard already?
It'll only be the scholarships candidates and high scorers for bursary.

At their recent Open Day, KEHS did state that they will not waste time interviewing borderline candidates.
GuidingStar

Post by GuidingStar »

My DD have had her interview at KEHS today morning and she was offered a scholarship+bursary combination that will cover full fees (I was told it will be confirmed in a letter soon). I was telephoned on Wednesday and was told I must bring DD to the interview on their specified time (this morning). The interview was with the deputy head, who mentioned that DD did very well in all her papers, and little shy DD seemed to impress her at the interview too.

The interview itself was very informal chat, and DD enjoyed it, but not sure if its same style for all other candidates. May be KEHS had already made their decision re her before the interview, so it was just a cordial informal chat.

Best luck to those who are still waiting.
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Congratulations, Guidingstar ! :D And thank-you for posting. KEHS only interview a handful of candidates so your dd has done exceptionally well!

Most of us shall probably be waiting until Saturday 16th. Infact, I won't hear anything until the 21st as we'll be travelling on the eve of result day....oops :|
robotboy

Post by robotboy »

Guidingstar, well done to your daughter! Its great when we get to hear good news on this forum.
I guess you will be sending her there now?

Congratulations!!
Sophieye

Post by Sophieye »

DS has received a joint Acdemic and Music scholarship worth 25%, we are still waiting for Bursary. can anyone let me know if this is a good offer. thanks
Bubbles44

Post by Bubbles44 »

Congratulations GuidingStar!!! What brilliant news.
GuidingStar

Post by GuidingStar »

Thanks everyone for congrats messages. Hope you all will receive good news too. All the best wishes!

Although I am confused between KE Handsworth and KEHS. No doubt KEHS is the better school but its 25 mins journey by car, thats nearly 2 hours of journey everyday. KE Handsworth is within walking distance.

@sophieye: Congratulations, thats definitely a very good offer and I am sure anyone who won a scholarship will definitely qualify for the bursary too. So the final fee you will pay will depend on your income only. My nephew used to go there.