royal masonic scholarships

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

curious100

royal masonic scholarships

Post by curious100 »

Heard Royal Masonic scholarships were released today. Any idea whether these were ALL or just the Sports ones?
KarenR70

Re: royal masonic scholarships

Post by KarenR70 »

Yes we got our letter yesterday for a place/sports scholarship from RMS, fortunately/unfortunately DD was awarded a place but not a scholarship. She is however on a "waiting list" which I find a bit strange as either you are a good enough sports person or you aren't LOL, I just guess there where people there who were better on the day.

I know it's a difficult question to answer but does anyone know how many Sports scholarships there are for RMS as obviously parents would have sent their DD's for several scholarships and can't take them all am just wondering about her chances of her moving up the list and getting one. If it's one then not good but if there are several.....
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

People do turn down scholarships if the school is not their first choice (or do not feel the offer is sufficient)

- so being in a waiting list is very encouraging - you may get some news
KarenR70

Post by KarenR70 »

You're right Herman, it IS encouraging, just got a bit lost in the "oh no she didn't get it" but she obviously worked hard to even get on the waiting list and we do at least have a place, pizza all round tonight then (maybe thats what held her back in the first place LOL).

I was just curious if anyone new how many scholarships they give out is all, but I suppose that varies with years.
instantsunshine

Post by instantsunshine »

KarenR70 - Why not ring the school and ask them? Can't prejudice you in any way - if anything it shows you are keen & committed. Well done for your DD getting a place & good luck for some news further down the line :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now