Queen Mary's/ WGHS/Newport & Adams exam 2013

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Professor Yaffle

Queen Mary's/ WGHS/Newport & Adams exam 2013

Post by Professor Yaffle »

Documents for 2014 entry are now available on Queen Mary's High School website, including registration form, sample paper (although it looks identical to last year's at a quick glance) and information leaflet.

http://www.qmhs.org.uk/admissions/registration-forms" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (sorry if it's not clickable-wasn't sure how to add a link)

Adams' also have the same sample paper available but it doesn't look like the registration form or information leaflet is available anywhere else online yet.

I'm still recovering from the announcement of a July test. Anyone else out there got DC taking the test in 4 and a half months time? :shock:

Edited to add: link works :D
Bubbles44

Re: Queen Mary's/ WGHS/Newport & Adams exam 2013

Post by Bubbles44 »

Thank you very much for the information Professor Yaffle!!! My daughter will be taking the Queen Mary’s exam this July. This will be my first 11 plus application and I am now extremely nervous because the whole process is now so real. Four and a half months!!!!! Aaaaaargh!!!! :shock:
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Thanks for the link Prof Yaffle. :)

I believe there are quite a few of the regular forum members whose dc shall be taking the exam for B'ham 2013. Some may even sit the SWW Consortium exam too. I know we'll be registering dc quintus for the exam. It's extremely difficult to concentrate on him though, whilst dd2's results are looming :!: :?: :|
Salander

Post by Salander »

Hi
My DD is sitting this Summer too, first time for me, extremely stressfull.
Bubbles44

Post by Bubbles44 »

Blimey DIY Mum, you have double stress to deal with!!! I don't think my nerves could take it. :shock: Best of luck to your daughter!
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

My boy will be taking the QM etc exam in July too. I notice that the application paper on the QMHS website has a return to them note on it. Am I right in assuming that we need to wait for QMGS to upload theirs to return for application to that school or are QMHS collating all the applications?
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Thanks for your wishes, Bubbles44 :)

Turtlegirl: it's the same process like last year. You return the form to your preferred school (and this is where dc will sit the exam). I have been waiting for QM to update theirs which should be soon. AGS have stated that theirs will be online at the end of Feb.
Professor Yaffle

Post by Professor Yaffle »

Hi Bubbles44, DIY Mum, Salander and Turtlegirl.

Thanks for the replies, it's so nice to hear I'm not in it alone :D Second time around for me but doesn't make it any less stressful. DD taking test this summer. Plus side- at least we get to relax over the summer holidays.

Turtlegirl- the registration forms are exactly the same for all schools but each school will have their own school name and address printed on the bottom of the forms for the return address. I imagine all the schools will have the forms available within the next few weeks.

DIY Mum and anyone else waiting for this years school allocations-good luck, only a couple more weeks left now...
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

Thanks PY!

I'm going to get the form today so DS2 can have a go and get scared witless. He's so relaxed about the whole thing I'm panicking!
Minicooper

Age standardisation!

Post by Minicooper »

Hello all,

Can anyone please explain to me how the age standardisation criteria works. My child will be doing the Queen Mary's test in July, hence my child will STILL be 9 years of age at that time. It's abit shocking that this is happening and the fact that its called the "11 plus test" when some or many children are still 9 years old.

Anyone who can advise accordingly would be brilliant.

Kind regards

MC
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now