KEHS results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Bloxy57

KEHS results

Post by Bloxy57 »

Hello All,

Have noticed that people have begun to recieve results letters from KES. Was just wondering if anyone had heard anything from KEHS? Thanks.

Good luck to everyone waiting!
sss

Re: KEHS results

Post by sss »

KEHS are posting results on Friday - should get results either Sat or next Monday depending on post
moneypenny1

Post by moneypenny1 »

Hi everybody

Yep
No results today!
Hopefully tomorrow
Its been a long 2 weeks.

Fingers crossed :)
Bubbles44

Post by Bubbles44 »

Good luck all!!! I hope your daughters all get in.
My daughter will take the test next year.
CaptainCaveman

Post by CaptainCaveman »

Deleted
Last edited by CaptainCaveman on Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

At least KEHS were decent enough to send their letters out first class. I haven’t heard from EHS despite paying £75 for their registration. Has anyone else? :?

Well, dd2 is away (I just had to stay until the results came out and will join her soon :) ). She’s done very, very well to secure a place at KEHS :D . The only thing that puzzles me is this sentence: “ I’m putting dd2’s name on the waiting list for an AP but I will only be able to offer one to you if I have one turned down by someone else”.

Has anyone else got any experience in this? How fluid are AP waiting lists at KEHS?

Congratulations, Captain Caveman (or Moseley Mum- I could be wrong!). :D
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

Congratulations to those who managed to get a place in a very competitive environment. It's one of the toughest schools to get into because of the few places available.

My DD also got a place.

DD refused to do any further preparation after the Consortium Exam in September. It was a pleasant surprise as I was considering not to bother at all as I am happy with her Consortium score. DD is now wavering about going to a Grammar, especially as her big brother is in KES next door. Kids eh? Got the same dilemma I had two years ago...

As for your AP, DIYMum, obviously you need to know where on the waiting list DD is to indicate how realistic her chance of an AP is. Surely you can't make a decision until you know, which may be after the deadline? Typically, results come out at half term so you have to wait a week until half term is over before calling.

Not heard from EHS either. Had expected both results to arrive together, but the EHS result is now largely irrelevant.

Ah well.....now the preparation starts for DS2 in 2014 followed by GCSEs two years later for DS1 and on it goes.... :|
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

DIY Mum wrote:At least KEHS were decent enough to send their letters out first class. I haven’t heard from EHS despite paying £75 for their registration. Has anyone else? :?

Well, dd2 is away (I just had to stay until the results came out and will join her soon :) ). She’s done very, very well to secure a place at KEHS :D . The only thing that puzzles me is this sentence: “ I’m putting dd2’s name on the waiting list for an AP but I will only be able to offer one to you if I have one turned down by someone else”.

Has anyone else got any experience in this? How fluid are AP waiting lists at KEHS?

Congratulations, Captain Caveman (or Moseley Mum- I could be wrong!). :D

AP lists at any school will be quite fluid - there will be some girls offered an AP who will wait until the GS allocations come out - some parents will prefer the GS as although there is an AP it still means they have to pay out more money that than for the GS place.
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Thanks for the reassurance, HM.

They've only given the deadline of 15th March to reply. I'm considering in saying 'yes' to both as I don't want to lose her GS place just in case it really doesn't work out for KEHS.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Yes you would need to say yes to the GS place and then explain to KEHS that you really can't confirm until you know about the AP ... am sure they will understand - main thing is to keep letting them know what is going on!

If you then get AP and decide on KEHS then remember to let the GS place go ... you probably will make someone on waiting list very very happy :wink:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now