any help

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
marstons

any help

Post by marstons »

any one help with the procedure for plymouth please.
cheers
Nigel
Up the Line

any help

Post by Up the Line »

My daughter has just been offered a place at Devonport High School for Girls for September 2006.

The 11+ tests were taken over four Saurdays in January. The first Saturday was a familiarisation exercise lasting about 2.5 hours. Three NFER Verbal Reasoning tests (100 questions in 50 minutes) were taken on each of the other three Saturdays. Each girl also had to write an essay, ( they had half an hour) set by the LEA after one of the VR tests. The essay is only taken into account if there is a tie between two or more candidates. The result of the best two VR tests is taken into account. The VR tests were Standard type answers NOT Multpiple choice.

The LEA was very unhelpful when I asked for details about the 11+ exam about 12 months ago. "Its an NFER VR test". The LEA do not provide any more details. 'Familaiarisation packs' are cetainly not available. As we could not afford a Tutor, I decided to use the commericially available IPS books and NFER papers based on information gleamed from this Web Site to help prepare my daughter.

My daughter informs me that all the IPS type questions except types K and Z came up. In addition there were some Anagram and simple arithmetic questions. The other surprise was that the girls were not supplied with any rough paper. Any 'working outs' had to be done on any spare space on the question paper.

I hope this information is of some help.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now