Belmont / Mill Hill

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
whathasshedonenow

Belmont / Mill Hill

Post by whathasshedonenow »

Is anyone waiting for Belmont offers this week? Dd had a scholarship interview so fingers crossed as this is the only school she wanted!
pixiemop

Re: Belmont / Mill Hill

Post by pixiemop »

Waiting to hear too. We went against the grain and didn't apply to Habs for my DD as love co-ed rather than all girls.
whathasshedonenow

Not only us then. Dd said she would purposely fail the exam for an all girls school ! As I hated being at a girls school we really had to take her views into account.

She's a bright, articulate, self motivated girl who will probably do well at either a top Indy or the local comprehensive. I just want her in an environment where she is happy and will have the opportunity to be stretched without too much pressure. I keep reminding myself that she's only 10 and all I wanted at her age was play with my friends.
pixiemop

Post by pixiemop »

Yes my DD is bright and got an interview at SHHS which I think is a great achievement for her but she is a bit of a tomboy and does like to play with boys so in that way this school would work well for her - plus a lovely atmosphere at Belmont. I also went to a girls school so know the pitfalls of that. Trying not to pin my hopes on it though in case we are disappointed....
whathasshedonenow

No scholarship but a place. We are all over the moon and offer to the Chinese tonight to celebrate. :-)
pixiemop

Post by pixiemop »

Same here. Very happy about it too!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now