Child of our time

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Blitz

Child of our time

Post by Blitz »

Just seen the trailer, Child of our Time is coming back at 9pm next Wednesday.

As a parent with a millennium child I've followed all the series avidly and find it fascinating to see how each child has grown and developed. I love all Robert winston's experiments too! Oh yes, I remember doing the smartie experiment with mine as toddlers... You can have one now or four later etc.

Still think about Eve too, the religious girl who lost her mum to liver cancer. How would mine have coped? How does any 9 year old cope with the loss of a parent?

The children will be 12 now and at secondary... How many went through the 11 plus ordeal/prep, I wonder?!
Last edited by Blitz on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DenDe

Re: Child of our time

Post by DenDe »

I have watched avidly too over the years as my eldest are millenium babies. I don't think it has been on for a few years and I had wondered if it had been shelved so I'm pleased to hear it's back.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Yes, I have a millenium baby and am delighted to hear it's coming back. It will be great to catch up with them all and see if any of them have dropped out. I wonder why it has taken so long. Is it BBC2 or BBC1? DG
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I wondered what had happened too as it was supposed to document their lives to 25, I think. Pleased it's back....I did try for a Millennium baby, but could only hold on until middle of December! I remember the farmers son, who seemed bright and the remaining triplet...a girl. Oh, and the Scottish twins.
hopefulmum2

Post by hopefulmum2 »

Funnily enough I was just thinking about this the other day as I have a DD born 2001. I also liked the Born to be Different children and so hope for an update with those children too.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Ooh, yes, I always enjoy these. I have a 1999 & 2001, so they are not so far off. I also enjoy the original 7Up, they are a older than me, but i kind of feel I am following in their footsteps and have been watching since I was a teenager and have grown up with them!
scary mum
FluffyD

Post by FluffyD »

Ooh I loved this show, as my DS is a little behind the millenium babies it gave me a taster of what to expect!

I haven't seen it in years though and thought that they had cancelled it?
Vic x
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

I've always enjoyed this series also, with an almost-millennium baby.
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

scarlett wrote:....I did try for a Millennium baby, but could only hold on until middle of December!
We were trying for baby 3 and thought having a Millennium baby would be lovely.....but baby 3 didn't come along until October 2005......only 5 years late!!

I'm ooking forward to the programme, I think Robert Winston is a marvellous presenter as he is so interested in whatever he's presenting. I've borrowed books by him from the library and they're very well written too.

Roll on Wednesday 9pm. :D
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

And Thursday 9pm! It's a two night in a row series. That should make 28 th february go an hour faster!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now