What to expect on 1st March

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
muminbrum

What to expect on 1st March

Post by muminbrum »

Hi all,

I've caved in with 6 sleeps to go and come back! Hope those of you that sat KES and other indie exams got on ok.

Just wondering from the old hands what is likely to happen on Friday? We in Birmingham LEA and applied online so will get an email but wondered if it will be at 12.00am or sometime later in the day during office hours. I've promised DS that he can be the first to read it but that will be a tall order if it arrives while I'm at work and he's at school!
Bloomers151

Re: What to expect on 1st March

Post by Bloomers151 »

Hi muminbrum,

I'm in Warwickshire and I've applied online. I don't know if it is at all similar to Birmingham but from what I read here our systems seem to be growing in similarity month by month, so I thought I'd put my pennyworth in.

We've been told to expect an email from 8.30am, so it may arrive on the way to school :) DS has said he doesn't want to know until the end of the day, so I'll try to leave my phone alone until after I've dropped him off!

Best wishes to everyone in this section and I hope you all have positive news.
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Welcome back muminbrum ( I am afraid some of us never managed to leave :oops: )

Just like last year, the only information we had from the website was that they would send allocation emails on the 1st ( with letters being posted out on the 1st). I think there was some talk that it might come up on the website after midnight but it didn't. Several of us on the forum ended up doing some kind of 'vigil' until the early hours hoping that it would appear on the website early and kept checking our emails but it really wasn't worth the bother. The emails arrived as the suggested in the morning around 8am. So I would suggest go to bed on time as it will come in the morning and we might ( although i hope not) need our strength to cope with the news!

I would also say that if you are worried about results or think that they might spend the day upset if they don't get their first choice, it might be worth not checking and just tell them you should have it by the end of the school day - that way they can take in the
news and most of the hype will have died down over the weekend. Thankfully, I have a clear idea of which one DS is likely to end up at but I really do feel for those of you who are not sure. Not long now!

Best of Luck,
UmSusu
Last edited by UmSusu on Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UmSusu
Bloomers151

Post by Bloomers151 »

just tell them you should have it by the end of the school day - that way they can take in the news and most of the hype will have died down over the weekend.

I'd second that. It will make it easier for everyone, including schoolmates and teachers. Then they just have the news at the end of the day and you have that time with them to deal with whichever result you have. Monday morning all the Year Sixers can chat about it on a level playing field.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

We are in warks and I was hoping our email woUld arrive at 8.30 am.

5 sleeps!
Montypanpan

Post by Montypanpan »

Does anyone know what time the emails are usually sent out in Wolverhampton?
muminbrum

Post by muminbrum »

Wise advice as ever Umsusu and Bloomer 151! We're three points over last year's QS for FW and while I'll be happy with KEAS I know DS will be disappointed if he gets his second choice. Thankfully I have such an antique mobile phone that I can't be coerced into checking in the playground! I don't think I'll make it through the day at work without peeking at the email though so I'd better practise my surprised face :)
Professor Yaffle

Post by Professor Yaffle »

Montypanpan wrote:Does anyone know what time the emails are usually sent out in Wolverhampton?
Hi Montypanpan, I'm not sure about the timing of the email but I've read posts on here where in previous years you have been able to log on to Wolverhampton council website at midnight on 1st March to view allocations online.

Good luck everyone
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

I will look at email as soon as it arrives whether DS is here or at school! DH takes to school so I will be waiting for email.

There is no way I would be able to wait for him to come home and read it with him. I was the same when the results were sent out I ripped the envelope apart and them told him after!

Saying that, if email does arrive a 8.30, he won't quite have left for school, so should be around to see.

We are 12 points above last year QS for FW so hoping that will do it as that is DS first choice.
um

Post by um »

In 2010, my email arrived just after midnight on 1 March, but due to an error on the main Birmingham admissions website, which you can log into, many parents actually knew three days before that.

In 2012, I waited up most of the night for the email (these were the days when we had no idea and had not seen our child's score) and received the email about 7.30am.
Despite logging into Birmingham admissions rather frequently, the result didn't appear there until about 3pm on 1 March.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now