anyone know the dates for September tests

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

jellywobble

anyone know the dates for September tests

Post by jellywobble »

Hi
As we get towards the last build-up, can anyone tell me if there is a set date for the two 11+ tests to take place in primary schools, or is it up to each school to decide.

I'm guessing that the first, short, week of term will be missed, so will the tests be in the next 2 full weeks?

My primary never told the kids before the day of the practice test, in Summer, but I'm hoping they will let us know the real ones. If only to ensure that the kids get a good night's sleep

(Re: Lincs 11+, trying for gainsborough QEHS)
SJ

Post by SJ »

Hi

I am not really sure about actually sitting the tests in the primary schools as last year all those I had contact with actually sat the tests on 2 consecutive saturdays at the actual grammar school of their choice. But of course as Lincolnshire is a consortium the children could actually sit the test at any grammar school and apply for any grammar school within Lincolnshire of their choice taking into account the individual schools entrance criteria.

Our primary school also did not give notification of when they were sitting the practice papers.

I thought that Lincolnshire attempted to get the papers sat on the same dates throughout the county, but I may be wrong. Last year it was the 9th & 16th Sept
chuff1965

11 plus date

Post by chuff1965 »

we are in sleaford and my son is doing his verbal test on 17 sept and non verbal on 24th sept
SJ

Re: 11 plus date

Post by SJ »

chuff1965 wrote:we are in sleaford and my son is doing his verbal test on 17 sept and non verbal on 24th sept
Good luck, will be thinking of you. Let us know how things go.

Post by Guest »

Bourne Grammar is;
15th Sept Verbal
22nd Sept Non-verbal
HTH.
jellywobble

September dates

Post by jellywobble »

Thanks everyone. I spoke to our primary on the first day back, and they are indeed on the 17th and 24th.

It seems that those sitting the test at the actual Grammar will be on the preceeding Saturdays, and those at Lincs primary schools are on the Mondays.

Am I alone in thinking that a Monday is a disadvantageous day, since kids are not yet back into a "work mode" from after the weekend?

But at least I know when to ensure a good night sleep.
blissot

Post by blissot »

Hi my daughters tests are on the 17th and 24th Sept. Does anyone know which one they sit first is it the verbal or non verbal? (trying for QEHS Gainsborough)
JR67

Post by JR67 »

Hi

It is the verbal paper on the 17th and the non verbal on the 24th!
Not long now!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now