tutors cd

Questions and advice about our 11 Plus Interactive CDs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
guestsb

tutors cd

Post by guestsb »

Can anyone clarify how to control the marking of the work done on the cds?

When only part of the questions are answered on tutor cd1 and you select finish it will mark all the work and therefore reveal all the answers. This is not helpful for the child.

Post by Guest »

Simple.

Click on back to main menu.

This will post no score for the child nor will it mark the paper, the attempt will be registered as "..." where the score would be otherwise noted in the grid of attempts.

Subsequently the child or parent can click on on this "..." and it will offer the user a chance to resume the test.

Post by Guest »

Hi GuestSB

My daughter worked on The Tutors VR CD1 last yer and my son is working on it this yer. I have not seen the ansers revealed exept for when the incorect answers are being revewed when I think it is quite usful for the child to see them, particly with the vocab questons when my daughter and son did not no the meaning of a word.
guestsb

Post by guestsb »

Thank-you, to both of you. Looks like I did not make myself clear.

I was aware of the option of not marking part completed techniques, but was asking if it is possible to mark half completed questions per technique. Therefore if your child is doing questions on opposites and has attempted 20 out of 50, and needs to see the score and check incorrect answers. The cd will not allow part marking..............

Is this possible?????????????
MG

Post by MG »

Dear GuestSB,

We used The Tutors software to great effect last year and this at our tution centre.

Firstly if you want to abandon a test for later completion simply click on "BACK TO MAIN MENU". This is put a symbol on the scores grid, for instance "...". If you were to click on this you will be able to resume a previously incomplete test.

Secondly if you want to complete part of the test, say first 20 and get it marked then simply "FINISH" and "SUBMIT ANSWERS". This will tell you the score which you can adjust for out of 20 I am sure. You can review the answers for the first 20 with your child and exit out of the test. ONLY if you continue reviewing every question beyond the 20 completed will you see the answers to the remaining questions. THE ANSWERS ARE OTHERWISE NOT DISPLAYED IN THE SIDE COLUMN, only a tick or a cross.

Thirdly there is a facility to PAUSE a test.

Finally there is no limit as to how many attempts a child can make at any set of questions. After ten attempts at a section the score grid simply scrolls across.

MG
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi GuestSB

I did not write the explanation by MG, but am grateful into the insight into the marking of the CDs that has been given.

If you post with direct suggestions as to how you would want the CDs to be formatted then we can give it some thought.

However, as The Tutors Verbal Reasoning CD1, Learning Together Verbal Reasoning CD1 and Tuition for You Verbal Reasoning CD1 have all been on the market, with the same format, for over fourteen months. And the other five CDs in the elevenplusexams.co.uk catalogue of 11+ preparation material is similarly formatted, it is unlikely that significant changes will now be made, as we would tend to assume that the products meet the expectations of the majority of people who have purchased them.

Regards

Mike