Online Admissions: results processed!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
UmSusu

Online Admissions: results processed!

Post by UmSusu »

Yes I must admit that I have been on the website and tried to log in too! I am not sure why though as the website seems to be updated after all the emails have been sent.

I logged on and saw the view and respond button and clicked, not really expecting anything - i just have an obsessive way about re-checking things. As I looked down the form I saw that all the schools had a response next to them. 'Oh I better tell everyone on EPE forum the news', I thought 'but they need to wait until I have seen the results first'.

My heart jumped - I wasn't expecting this. I read on with breathless anxiety: school 1 'not offered'. School 2: not offered.........'Oh no, what has gone wrong? So MSD and nervous mum were not just getting everyone worrying about scores going up for nothing.'

With a lot of trepidation, I read on : School 3 : not offered.... :o . ' What am I going to tell him?'

School 4 : offered. .... 'Phew! At least he got something. But it really wasn't the school I thought he would be offered. How did that happen? Well at least it might give his brother some comfort that little bro' was offered the same school as him'.

I was just about to yell at him to come over to me when I screened the the form again and noticed that I was reading DS1's form from last year :roll: , 'oh goody, I can do this all again in 36 hours!'

The website said that they are updating tonight until 10pm so that means after that our results will be waiting somewhere but we just can't access them :?

UmSusu
UmSusu
peter5

Re: Online Admissions: results processed!

Post by peter5 »

LOL... :D ,,You should be writing Suspense Movies ..

Bet I am not the only one to have read this wrong..lol
MSD

Post by MSD »

That made me laugh UmSusu!

We will have to wait longer than others as we won't be getting our results until 3pm on Friday here in Dudley. But here is my final prediction on the initial CHB cut-off.

238 dropping down to 237 as I believe the waiting list will come into play this year :)
newbiemum

Post by newbiemum »

Oh my goodness! That was a quick read how it was going to end! All our score and second guessing we should be detectives or have a sweep stake! Nearly made me rush to log on instead of bed there!
FluffyD

Post by FluffyD »

Oh my days you nearly had me running to see if our council had done a similar thing! :lol:
Vic x
um

Post by um »

:lol:
ginx

Post by ginx »

UmSusu, you had me really worried! I can't get in to Warwickshire's web site - I've forgotten my password! and I've read that admissions is closed till 1 March.

But I did have my comforting email back saying I will get the news on to my own email. As I put on another thread, "kind regards". Probably means nothing but I thought, perhaps it means "sorry we've got bad news for you"!

I'm not greatly bothered, just WANT TO KNOW. I know in the rules it says not to use capitals, they are like shouting, unfortunately I feel like I am shouting! I'm normally a rather meek person :shock: What a long journey this is.
sss

Post by sss »

ginx wrote:What a long journey this is.
I agree with Ginx- it's been an incredibly long journey &, I have to concede, one of the most stressful periods in my life- I surely must be mad to go through this again with my ds in 3 years' time. :shock:
The saddest part is that no where near 4700 KEGS applicants will get their first choice. :(
Good luck to you all- you and your dc deserve it.
ginx

Post by ginx »

sss- I'm going through this again in three years time with ds2 currently year 2. I'm only going through it if he has a chance (he's not showing many signs at the moment!)

I wonder who else will be around in three years?
Bloomers151

Post by Bloomers151 »

Me! DS2 is in Year 3 so we will be waiting for results again this time in 2016. Surely this has to be one of the most stressful days ever?

Hope you're ok Ginx, I'm sure the 'kindest regards' was just an automatic response and meant nothing, but I know what you mean, you just want to be able to read something into anything! I keep looking at the teachers faces thinking 'you know, don't you?!' :lol: