passmark

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

passmark

Post by Guest »

I believe that 2 practice tests are taken over 2 weeks before the real 11+
Does anyone know if and when the results of thes test are given? (starting to get a bit stressed now..)
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

Hi there Guest,

I think it depends on your school, some schools did mark them and let parents know. Others like ours didn't even mark them and just claimed to send them back to the LEA.

Knowing a little more about 11+ now than I did a year ago, (just a touch I might add..)
I would either send in a letter requesting your child’s paper back or ask to see it. These papers are supposed to be the "Familiarity" papers than the Grammar schools send out and for the sole purpose of children to become familiar with the actual exam. For me in hindsight a child cannot become familiar with something if wrong answers are not corrected.

I don't know if you will get anywhere by asking for them but if I had my time again I would certainly be pointing that out to them.

Good luck..

AM
D S

MARKING OF TEST PAPERS

Post by D S »

HI GUEST,
HAVING JUST ATTENDED OUR SCHOOL MEETING FOR 11+ PROCEDURES WE ASKED THE SAME QUESTION ABOUT MARKING THE PRACTICE PAPERS AND WERE TOLD THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO MARK THEM??
THEY ARE TO FAMILIARIZE THE CHILDREN WITH WHAT WILL HAPPEN ON THE DAY ONLY.WHAT A WASTED OPPORTUNITY. :( :(

Post by Guest »

as far as i know the pass mark on wirral has been set at the same mark for eons! It's 236. Age adjusted.
already done

Post by already done »

it really is to familiarise with the exam content and take the stress of taking the exam away from the child especially if they have to sit the exam at the school they wish to attend...

whether taking the exam away from the childs primary school is a good or bad thing I'm not sure but the practice tests ease the stress abit.

The practice paper could be harder or easier than the actual exam itself. I wouldn't really worry to much about practice tests and treat is just as extra practice your child will already be doing...