Important for those who live in WBC

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tinkers

Important for those who live in WBC

Post by Tinkers »

I have just had a message from DDs school.

'Due to IT difficulties WBC cannot guarantee you will receive an email notification or be able to view the outcome of secondary school applications tomorrow.'

We live in RBC so is doesn't affects us personally but thought Id best warn those of you who do.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
Reading Mum

Re: Important for those who live in WBC

Post by Reading Mum »

That is really poor. Hopefully they will get it sorted in time for those from WBC to get their results tomorrow. No one should mess about with IT anywhere near such an important date.
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Say what????

Very unhappy :shock:
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

School has sent an email with the following additional info. If it helps. I would think since the schools should know the allocations, they could inform parents directly.

Dear Parent/Guardian

We have received the following message from Wokingham Borough Council this afternoon:

"We are sorry to inform parents of Year 6 children who applied online that we cannot guarantee that you will receive either an email notification or be able to view the outcome of your secondary school applications.

This has not affected the allocation process and formal letters will be sent out by first class post on 1 March as scheduled.

We apologise for any disappointment this may cause you and would assure you that we are working to address this issue."

Yours sincerely

Headteacher
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

I say we all go to down to WBC offices tomorrow for 9am demanding our allocations :lol:
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

From WBC website........

Technical problems with online admissions
Due to IT problems with our online admissions system, we are sorry to inform parents of Year 6 children who applied online that we can’t guarantee that you will receive email notification, or be able to view the outcome of your secondary school application online on 1 March.

This has not affected allocations and formal letters will be sent out by first class post on 1 March as scheduled.

We are working on fixing these technical issues as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Such poor timing for a system crash. :evil:
Hope they can get it up and working by tomorrow.
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Just spoke to WBC and their entire IT network is down, not just school allocation system!

I offered to take my entire Infrastructure team down there but they said fingers crossed, they are doing their best to get up and running.

Priority 1 fix required :shock:
RG7mum

Post by RG7mum »

Would those who get results tonight/tomorrow mind posting the scores too ? It might help those frustrated WBC parents (and children)! DC saw letter from school about the IT problems and can't believe he may have to wait until Saturday or longer......

Thanks
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

RG7mum, I broke first and set up a new thread for allocations results. I've added a note about WBC and posting scores.

Hth

Hopefully WBC will have got their act together. Makes me glad I moved to RBC.