Aaaaaaaaaaaargh

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Cheerios

Aaaaaaaaaaaargh

Post by Cheerios »

Astonishingly, I have spent 15 months of my life over the past year or few, waiting for school allocation days. This is the last night I will ever have to do it!!! Well, until the first one goes to university . . .
serendippyty

Re: Aaaaaaaaaaaargh

Post by serendippyty »

will you miss it?! Crappy system in my opinion! Got to choose a 6th form next year for child one. Then secondary application the year after for child 4... never ending...
ginx

Post by ginx »

Serendippyty, didn't know you had an older child too? In year 10? I have a very lazy ds1 in year 10. Capable but so lazy. Didn't know you had four children. Did the older ones both do the 11+?

Unless my seven year old has a chance of passing, I'm tempted not to bother with it ... but I've a few years wait to get those awful Bond books out again!

I turned on thinking Warwickshire might have posted their results early (stupid thought, I know ...) going to be a long night. :(
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

ginx wrote:I've a few years wait to get those awful Bond books out again!
ds1 has discovered in the last couple of weeks that he rather likes Bond books - James Bond books that is :lol:
serendippyty

Post by serendippyty »

I do! Yes child 1 is year 10, took the 11 plus but missed by 10 points. Child 2 passed, child 3 has missed, child 4 to come (maybe, think we might not bother!!). No tutoring though, bought some bond books but none so far have opened them! Child 3 passed for Warwick but we couldn't afford the fees. 'Tis a stressful time...
sss

Post by sss »

Good luck Ginx and serendippyty- I know you both have been on this roller coaster for a while now. Not long to go now- will Warks be going live after midnight?
serendippyty

Post by serendippyty »

I think 8.30am but we know we aren't high enough anyway.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Emails "from" 8.30. Website presumably also not until the morning.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now