D.DAY - Accepting Schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
paddywins

D.DAY - Accepting Schools

Post by paddywins »

son has an offer from STR - 221 - but not Crypt. Do we get offered our first choice and that is it? Someone please explain...we applied for STR and Crypt - off for a months skiing as the school fees end in July! :wink:
Glossymum

Re: D.DAY - Accepeting Schools

Post by Glossymum »

You only get one offer, based on the preferences you put on your application in October - if you qualify for your first choice school, you will be allocated that one - if not then they move down the list to your 2nd/3rd choice etc - at this stage you can only have one offer of a place. Hope this helps - enjoy skiing!!
paddywins

Post by paddywins »

Thanks - will keep my weight on the down hill ski!
StJamesDad

Post by StJamesDad »

Did you join the site just to tell everyone your son goes to an indie, got into the best (non co ed) Gloss grammar, and are off on an expensive holiday?
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

I agree SJD. Not the most thoughtfully put together post is it..
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

stroudydad wrote:I agree SJD. Not the most thoughtfully put together post is it..
Where is the like button? :D
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Crumbs, that's a bit harsh. I'm not convinced the OP meant it that way at all to be honest.
fairweathergardener

Post by fairweathergardener »

What a cynical, negative bunch. I agree, I don't think he meant any harm. Bit Insensitive maybe, but what's wrong with someone moving from private to state? if their child deserves a place at a grammar and has worked hard, why should the fact that their parents might be in a fab job and be earning a decent wage preclude them from a brilliant state education?. After all, isn't that what what we are all doing on here in the first place - trying to find out how best to get our children into them (and as a byproduct, empower them to get good GCSEs and A levels and into a good Uni and into a good well paid job in order to look after themselves in an uncertain, challenging world)? I don't very often see such an overt attack on someone on this site, but some of your responses have shocked me. We need to be collaborative on here.
StJamesDad

Post by StJamesDad »

I did not mention anything about moving from a private school or have issues with anything else you said FWG.

It seemed almost a non question just to shoehorn in a few brags to me.
I could be wrong (probably am), but think my question was fair and justified.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

paddywins wrote:son has an offer from STR - 221 - but not Crypt. Do we get offered our first choice and that is it? Someone please explain...we applied for STR and Crypt - off for a months skiing as the school fees end in July! :wink:
Well done to your DS. I have to say though a month's skiing is my idea of h*** :lol: (more of a punishment). Enjoy!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now