Waiting Lists?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
wombling around

Waiting Lists?

Post by wombling around »

Good morning...... I was up at the crack of dawn checking emails.

DD scored 211 in her 11+ and was hoping to go to Sutton Girls. Our LA is Staffordshire.

Can anyone explain how the waiting list system works, particularly when a child is out of the LA area for the preferred school.

Also .... is there any hope from a waiting list??? Looks as though she will have only missed by a point or two..

Any help or advice gratefully received.

Thanks.
peter5

Re: Waiting Lists?

Post by peter5 »

Hello,
Did they mention she was on the waiting list ?

I think the waiting list works by admitting the next in line as soon as a place becomes available ,the normal admission criteria applies ,that is, score,child in care,distance from school .
wombling around

Post by wombling around »

The email from my Local Authority says she will be on the waiting list.... am just a bit concerned with the school we were hoping for (Sutton) not being part of our Local Authority (Stafforshire).

Is there any great movement on waiting lists at all?

x
slimchance

Post by slimchance »

Morning, Sutton Girls do not over offer so there should be some waiting list movement. I have read in previous posts there has been around 14-16 children on each point so even being two points off could put you some way down the list, especially if you are far away from the school, as distance is the next criteria.

Good luck
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Being out of county shuldn't matter for waiting lists. If the admission policies quote distance as a factor to determine the differnce between those on the same score then it might mean those with the same score, but nearer, would be higher on the list though. You should phone to ask what position on the list your dd is.
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

At this point all you will get is the list of schools as you put them on your form with 'offered' next to your allocated school. It will say not offered next to any higher preferences that have not been allocated and 'discarded' next to any preferences below your allocation.

You will automatically go on to the waiting list for any grammars that were above your allocated school on your form. You can then check with the KE foundation / Sutton schools where you are on the waiting list.

They should be coming in any time soon......

UmSusu
UmSusu
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now