Kings Grantham

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

roll17

Kings Grantham

Post by roll17 »

Hi

Does anyone know what the cut off score has been for Kings this year???

Will Lincs CC tell us?

Thanks

Roll17
r o l l 1 7
secondtime

Re: Kings Grantham

Post by secondtime »

I think the school would tell you if you rang - they are usually quite open about information.
Might be busy today though!

I know friends who found out their positions on the waiting lists direct from school - although this is only really indicative once the appeals have finished (I think!)

I heard it was a low cohort and last years cutoff was lower than the previous few years so fingers crossed.
roll17

Post by roll17 »

Thanks our circs are different to most so we've already submitted a revised application. My Ds got a very respectacle 256 so I was curious as to the cut off and potential numbers going to appeal. Ie if 229 more likely for appeal than cut off of 223.

I'll be in touch with them on Monday but leaving it today for others to get through.
r o l l 1 7
Alex

Post by Alex »

The school are generally very helpful with information.

It would be interesting to know the cut-off. Although the overall secondary cohort was again relatively small, King's was apparently heavily oversubscribed.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Have heard that cut off is 232 but this is not officially confirmed as yet.
roll17

Post by roll17 »

Wow....if that's the case that really is a high cut off. Wonder when the last time it was that high???

What could be a factor of this???

It seems to be a strange year all round in our area, some even getting schools that weren't on thier list and not feeder schools. One school's area has been severly reduced due to numbers applying and yet everyone says it's a small birth year. There must be some schools out there with loads of free spaces if that is the case???
r o l l 1 7
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

DD is at QEHSG and today a teacher said they'd had the highest pass rate for quite a few years - last year 218 this year 240ish and it was particularly heavily subscribed this year. I remember last year other parts of the county had vacancies on allocations day, so it is strange.
secondtime

Post by secondtime »

I have also heard 232 for Kings Grantham - I know personally a boy who got 228 and didn't get in.
The policy of taken highest scores downwards has only been the system since the current Year 11. I believe the current Year 10's cutoff was high.

All the boys I know with marks over 220 (and under cutoff) have got their second choice of Carres in Sleaford so lots of travelling for those concerned! :x
roll17

Post by roll17 »

That seems to be the same in Newark.

Some even wanted a secondary school but have been given a Grammar ( which obviously they passed just wanted it as 2nd choice)

Seems to be a real mixture this year.

In that case do we know what Carre's cut off at???
r o l l 1 7
secondtime

Post by secondtime »

Carres - Last year I think they had a few spaces left so cut off would be 220. Not heard this year! Policy is:

The School’s Published Admission Number is 116 students.
Qualification does not in itself guarantee admission to the school. In the event of the school being
oversubscribed with applicants who have reached the required standard, places will be allocated in accordance
with the following criteria in the order stated:
(a) Students who are, or who have been, in public care (children who are/were looked after by or
provided with accommodation in the exercise of its functions by Lincolnshire Local Authority)
and who have met the qualifying standard for admission to Carre’s Grammar School.
(b) Living within the school’s designated area at the time of application, or with evidence of a
legally binding agreement such as the exchange of contracts or the signing of a tenancy
agreement.
Where a child lives at different addresses through shared custody arrangements, the
address will be where the child spends the greater amount of time during the school week.
(c) Attending from the start of Year 6 one of the sixteen named partner primary schools
associated with Carre's Grammar School through Sports College and Science outreach work.
(d) Students whose parent(s) has/have been permanently employed at Carre’s Grammar
School for two or more years at the time of application, or is/are recruited to fill a vacant post
for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage
(e) Students who have, or have had, siblings at Carre’s Grammar School. The definition of sibling
is ‘a full brother or sister, whether or not living in the same household. Another child normally living for the majority of the term time in the same household, for whom an adult in the
household has parental responsibility as defined in the Children Act 1989 or Section 576 of the
Education Act 1996’. In the case of twins or siblings in the same cohort and where there is only
one place available in the school, both will be considered together provided they are qualified.
(f) Should any places remain unfilled after the application of criteria (a) to (e) above, they will be
allocated to those applicants outside the school’s designated area who have achieved the
highest marks on the 11+ tests, ranked according to score.
(g) Tie Breaker - should the number of applicants qualifying under criteria (a) to (f) above exceed
the number of places available, then places will be offered to those applicants whose place of
permanent residence is nearest to the school. This will be by driving distance as measured
electronically along public highways using the post office address point of the home to the post
office address point of the school.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now