Jelly on a Plate

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

RationalityRules

Jelly on a Plate

Post by RationalityRules »

Wibble Wobble, Wibble Wobble...all of me feels a-quiver. Latest cause of uncertainty (on top of waiting to hear from Herts Admissions) is wondering whether our first choice school is actually going to be any good for our DS. Anyone else having this panic, or had it before? Will it disappear the minute we get the news about the school?

In my most rational moments, I know that any school can be good for my son, if I help and support him and work with him and the school to make sure that he's happy and focused. But today is not one of my most rational days AT ALL.

I think I just need you all to hold my hand and steady the wobbling!

RR
K1w1mum

Re: Jelly on a Plate

Post by K1w1mum »

I'm similar. We have WGSG as our first choice and our local comprehensive as our second ( we are out of area).
Our local comp is a good school and nice and local, whereas WGSG is going to involve a long and complicated commute...
I'm not sure what I really want but DD wants WGSG.
handbag50

Post by handbag50 »

Hi, I’m in the same position, We have put the grammar first and a excellent
Faith comp second. As I sit here I really do not know which one is better for my child.
Like you the journey to my second choice is much easier ,
I guess I think that there is no wrong choice and we will all make the best of whatever happens…
I think everyone is having a wobble today!
Long Journey

Post by Long Journey »

Another Grammar seeker here. It's our third pref that is our local school, and just a walk away for DD. I do wonder about the journey too, but I don't think it's that bad - it's positively down the street compared to some of the school distances I've seen with DC on the forum.

Only 4.5 hours to go!
Kiwimum

Post by Kiwimum »

K1w1mum wrote:I'm similar. We have WGSG as our first choice and our local comprehensive as our second ( we are out of area).
Our local comp is a good school and nice and local, whereas WGSG is going to involve a long and complicated commute...
I'm not sure what I really want but DD wants WGSG.
Hi K1w1mum

I kinda feel like I've been the victim of identity theft!! (But I'll get over it!)

Hope your DD gets the school she wants.

Kiwimum x
K1w1mum

Post by K1w1mum »

Kiwimum wrote:
Hi K1w1mum

I kinda feel like I've been the victim of identity theft!! (But I'll get over it!)

Hope your DD gets the school she wants.

Kiwimum x
Oh sorry! :oops:
Nice to know I'm not alone though....
daisyduke

Post by daisyduke »

Oh RR you're the least wobbly person I've met on here!! The emotions of the day are just getting to you I'm sure. Shall I send you back your lovely calm rationale that you pm-ed me way back when, in those peaceful days when you were sure of your choices... I've read it loads over the last few months!! You put loads of thought and love and care into your choices (as did everyone on here) so I know your DS will flourish.

Maybe it's just your sub-conscious fooling you, as a protective measure in case you don't get the news you want - which you will! - our brains can be v conniving against us sometimes!

DD x