SHSG / WHSG out of catchment offers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
asterix3

SHSG / WHSG out of catchment offers

Post by asterix3 »

A little bit stressed here! DD has been offered St Bernard's OOC with a score of 320.
To get an idea of where we are on the waiting list for WHSG and SHSG, could anyone post OOC scores that have had an offer?
Thanks!
piemom

Re: SHSG / WHSG out of catchment offers

Post by piemom »

336, WHSG, no offer, SHSG offered. Hope that helps.
Taxiparent

Post by Taxiparent »

Our DD scored 323 OOC - No offer from SHSG. Not at all happy as she was well in the green traffic light range
asterix3

Post by asterix3 »

Piemom, thanks for your response.
Taxiparent, how frustrating, I suppose we won't really know any more until we can find out the waiting-list positions.
fizzwizz123

Post by fizzwizz123 »

hi
my DD got 334.9 and was well within the green area but wasn't offered WHSG OCC

wonder if anyone knows what the cut off was

seems because of the Chelmsford catchment this year, more and more people OCC have put down Westcliff / Southend thus sending scores sky high ?
purplegirl

Post by purplegirl »

fizzwizz123 wrote:hi

seems because of the Chelmsford catchment this year, more and more people OCC have put down Westcliff / Southend thus sending scores sky high ?
Also remember there have been changes to southend/ westcliff catchments this year, so perhaps more local children are filling up the places, therefore leaving fewer for ooc?? :o
fizzwizz123

Post by fizzwizz123 »

yes i suspect you're right - must be gutting for all those parents that thought they were assured a place as their score was in the green area

we are v lucky - we got 3rd choice of ColCHS which was a shock as the sheet indicated a much higher score was needed to get in!!

going on our experience, the sheet was pretty misleading - hopefully they'll get it better in future years
asterix3

Post by asterix3 »

purplegirl wrote:

Also remember there have been changes to southend/ westcliff catchments this year, so perhaps more local children are filling up the places, therefore leaving fewer for ooc?? :o
As far as I am aware, from advice given by head teachers on both open days, that was not the case?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

From earlier threads, the info was that a total of 339 passed in-catchment, as evenly split as you can get, for about 470/480 places between SHSB / WHSB / SHSG / WHSG.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
purplegirl

Post by purplegirl »

asterix3 wrote:
purplegirl wrote:

As far as I am aware, from advice given by head teachers on both open days, that was not the case?
I think the problem was that no-one was exactly sure what these changes in catchment would do. People I spoke to at Westcliff were very cagey about making any commitments about the effects of catchment changes.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now