Buses to Ribston Hall

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Willow18

Buses to Ribston Hall

Post by Willow18 »

Anyone know how, where and when any buses go from Cheltenham, other than the 7.30 from the racecourse? Also I hear you have to buy an annual pass?? Not fair if parents live apart. First daughter goes to Pates and we just buy 11 rides for £15 and we can pick and choose how we use them.
Stressed?Moi?

Re: Buses to Ribston Hall

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Hi, the company that travels from Cheltenham is Express Travel on 01452 550612.

The only time I know is the "Route 2" bus which arrives at 7.45 (very ish!)at Arle Court and this is the last pick up before arriving at Ribston and then onto Crypt. Someone will be along to tell you the time for the Texaco garage at Westall Green (I believe it stops at the Texaco garage on the A40 Grantham Rd as well). I understand the "racecourse bus" also stops at Longlevens but really not sure.

The bus drops off at 4.10(also very ish!) at Arle Court and then onto the rest of Cheltenham.

It costs about £1200 per year but I think some people pay monthly by Direct Debit.

To be honest, I'm really not impressed with the company and believe it to be a bit of a shambles, but don't want to go into it on an open forum. It is however the only option for us, other than a public bus into the bus station at Gloucester and then another one to Ribston, which she may well do eventually - when I can be sure she would be able to organise herself for a bus change at the depot; I can but dream!
ysezmo

Post by ysezmo »

To be honest, I'm really not impressed with the company and believe it to be a bit of a shambles, but don't want to go into it on an open forum. It is however the only option for us, other than a public bus into the bus station at Gloucester and then another one to Ribston, which she may well do eventually - when I can be sure she would be able to organise herself for a bus change at the depot; I can but dream!
I totally agree and am now faced with my DS getting the same bus to crypt! I have even thought about hiring a bus and my husband taking his PSV licence!
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

I totally agree and am now faced with my DS getting the same bus to crypt! I have even thought about hiring a bus and my husband taking his PSV licence![/quote]

I think you would get a fair bit of support!
platypus

Post by platypus »

r
Last edited by platypus on Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ysezmo

Post by ysezmo »

platypus wrote:The Cheltenham - Gloucester train journey is about 10 minutes, and frequent.

The number 10 bus stops outside the bus station (a few minutes walk from the train station, very easy), and then wiggles past Ribston and Crypt (there is a number 10 bus stop at Crypt).

You can get a season ticket for the train - ask for a season ticket for the specific dates, you don't have to buy them in particular size chunks (e.g. one month/one week). If you don't buy a season ticket it costs slightly more, £2.20 per day.

You can get flexiriders for the bus parts of the journey: on the bus you buy a flexirider card with 12 slots on it, for the price of 10 journeys (£12) - use one slot for each separate journey.

Or, the number 10 and 94 buses go all the way from Cheltenham to Gloucester - the number 10 is quite a slow journey, though.

ETA: the 07:45 train to Gloucester gets them to school on time; the 07:17 number 10 bus from the promenade gets them there on time.
Thank you so much for this info! Son has been offered Crypt so that's a lot of money each month, :shock:
Older sister at Ribston so more than happy for train with her chaperoning... She would hate it!!! :lol: will look into it
Shenandoah

Post by Shenandoah »

Hi, I also have a son who is starting Crypt in September and we live in Churchdown. Very interested if anyone come up with any alternative transport arrangements that could pick up along the Cheltenham Road East as we have not had much luck with existing bus services???
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now