kenr are you still out there???

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
confusedmom

kenr are you still out there???

Post by confusedmom »

My daughter is going to sit the KEFW enterance exam I think and have been told she is bright she has been doing bons papers and is very skilled at the NVR more than all the others.We have started to look at the nfer papers and these are far more tricky although she got 44/50 on the maths but went a little over on the time and would have got 38/50 if timed.Should I continue on the nfer track or bond and I keep reading that to get into FW you have to score in the 90% to stand any chance ???? can you fill me in any more _ thanks
KenR

Post by KenR »

Hi Confusedmom

Difficult to be precise because the KE Foundation exams are quite different to other 11+ exams or NFER. There are no practice papers.

We tried a variety of Maths papers, including NFER. I think as a general rule the NFER Maths papers are quite tough so I wouldn't worry about about the precise score - just keep practising lots of different types.

Make sure you do plenty of Synonym questions on VR (use some of the materia available on this site) - there was a big section on this in previous years - 80 questions in 10 mins - so you need to know your vocabulary and be quick!
confusedmom

Post by confusedmom »

Thank you - is this something that crops up year after year the synonym questions? - is there more bias towards any other subject ?
any suggestions are gratefully recieved.I have heard that they used an audio test.Is this also likely to reoccur?I do understand that you do NOT have a crystal ball but any advice is very VERY welcome.
KenR

Post by KenR »

Hi ConfusedMom

The Synonym exercise has certainly been in the exam for the last 2 years as well as the audio test comprehension. However i know that the Univ of Durham (who set the test) do consider changing it from year to year.

VR and Word skills are very important as the KE information states that successful candidates need to have reading and vocabulary skills aimed at age 14+

I would suggest try the new Tutors online Vocabulary material on this site. I haven't used it myself (as it wasn't around when my son did the test) but it is the sort of thing I was looking for (but couldn't find!)

The link is http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/cd/the ... lume-1.php

Hope this helps
confusedmom

Post by confusedmom »

dear ken -----thank-you----- :?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now