Waiting list thread

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

CardyMow

Waiting list thread

Post by CardyMow »

I thought a thread where those of us relying on olaces from waiting lists could chat and calm each others shredded nerves might be a good idea.

I have a question - does anyone know whether you would phone Essex LEA or the CSSe to find out about what place your child is on the waiting list?
Minesatea

Re: Waiting list thread

Post by Minesatea »

The LEA hold the waiting list until the start of term in September. After that it is up to the individual schools until 31st Dec.
mum of boys

Post by mum of boys »

CardyMow wrote:I have a question - does anyone know whether you would phone Essex LEA or the CSSe to find out about what place your child is on the waiting list?
Phone Essex admissions to find out about Essex schools (chelmsford and colchester) from Friday 8th and phone southend admissions for westcliff and southend schools from Monday 4th

Good luck!
CardyMow

Post by CardyMow »

I have heard that CRGS themselves will know waiting list positions on the 7th, rather than the 8th. I would assume that's true of the other Grammars?
CardyMow

Post by CardyMow »

I'm nervous about finding out his place on the waiting list. In sure it will give me a good idea of the likelyhood of DS getting a place - if he's 57th on the list, then it's a given that he's not going to get a place without an appeal. If he's 7th on he list, that's a lot more hopeful for a place.

It's all quite nerve-wracking.
mmtume

Post by mmtume »

Hmmm....what to do.....just spoke to Essex and advised position on waiting list....17th and 78th for Southend and 40th and 104th for WHSB....not sure what to do.......looks like chances are really slim :(
ahap

Post by ahap »

Southend LEA - 01702 215007 Ext:5914
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
CardyMow

Post by CardyMow »

Why are there two figures for each school? Could you clarify that for me? I have to wait until Friday to find out.
mmtume

Post by mmtume »

2 figures=twins
moved

Post by moved »

mmtume wrote:Hmmm....what to do.....just spoke to Essex and advised position on waiting list....17th and 78th for Southend and 40th and 104th for WHSB....not sure what to do.......looks like chances are really slim :(
Did you move? Not sure if it would help? Your boys scores were only a few points apart and there is a huge difference in places.