Long wait for waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
serendippyty

Long wait for waiting list

Post by serendippyty »

I do feel a bit stressed at the thought we have over two weeks now to hear if we are successful, this whole process really drags. I'd feel happier if we were a bit higher up the list though! Anyone else on waiting lists?
Wonka

Re: Long wait for waiting list

Post by Wonka »

We are 18th for KES with 326, so agree the wait continues!

Appeal going in today as well.
Owes

Post by Owes »

Result already sent ... Any One got it,im still stressing
Best luck for all
serendippyty

Post by serendippyty »

It is very stressful. I do not hold out much hope as feel we are too far down and people can come in ahead of us. Still dithering over appeal as not sure what grounds I could use.
serendippyty

Post by serendippyty »

Thinking more about this, I did not expect to make the waiting list so assume that less people put the grammar schools than expected. I imagine this is because people got their results earlier so people who may have applied to both Birmingham and Warks, may have realised they did not need to have Warks as a back up plan. On that basis, I would assume less movement on the waiting list this year so probably only 15 or so offered places off the AGS waiting list (we are 21).
Jaskat

Post by Jaskat »

Sorry for being so dim with my first post - I've usually been able to find answers to everything I need by searching the board - but how do I find where we are on the waiting list? All I can find are the relevant scores, so I know my DD is only a couple of points off the top of the AGS list, but I don't know how many people that might equate too.

Probably just prolonging that agony with useless information, but it would be good to know I guess.

And thank you to all the active posters - from an unconfident lurker!
serendippyty

Post by serendippyty »

If you phone up, they will tell you. I was told we were no 21 out of 40 something but that people could come in above us yet.
serendippyty

Post by serendippyty »

Well. One week on and waiting is very frustrating. I think it is hard on the children on the waiting list as all their friends have the certainty of knowing which school they are going to. Roll on a week on Monday when I think we should know more.
serendippyty

Post by serendippyty »

And another update - we have moved further down the waiting list so lost all all hope now. Thanks for the support x
ginx

Post by ginx »

Oh, sorry, Serendippyty. So sorry. It will all work out for the best in the end, I hope. Feel for you. Don't know what to say. x
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now