Out of county places

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Okanagan

Out of county places

Post by Okanagan »

This is quite old - information from 2009 but maybe of interest as I don't think it's been posted before:

"In the South, whilst approximately 20 of the 236 places (8%) are offered to Worcestershire pupils (who all attend AGS), the other approximately 25 out-county places in the three schools are more evenly spread across Solihull, Birmingham, Oxfordshire and Gloucestershire. Whereas in Rugby, approximately 40 of the 218 places (18%) were offered to Northamptonshire children, with approximately 10 being offered to other out-county pupils."
Cheerios

Re: Out of county places

Post by Cheerios »

But out of county doesn't necessarily mean out of the priority circle. I live in Worcestershire (just) and we are well within the priority circle for all of the Warks grammars. Not very many from around here go to the grammars though.
MrsMiggins

Post by MrsMiggins »

We live in Worcestershire and are well within the priority circle. I must admit I was surprised but then we live in Evesham so not miles away.
I know of one other person who took the 11+ from my area.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Agree that the figures tell us nothing about whether they were in or out of the priority circle. Parts of Worcestershire, Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire, Solihull, Coventry and South Birmingham are in the South priority circle too. And parts of Coventry, Northamptonshire and Leicestershire in the East priority circle. But it's the first (only) time I've seen any figures actually saying where the students travel from.
hopeful

Post by hopeful »

we are on Worcs border well within the priority circle and the children all attend (or attended) a Warks primary which is the nearest school to our house, if this helps!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now