Ahead

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Elbart

Ahead

Post by Elbart »

Well done to all DC securing a place at GS & Indies, especially to UmSusu, for gaining a deserved scholarship place at KES for DS2 after the heartache from last year for DS1, who still gained a GS place. It shows true grit and determination. It's great to see you become an informative poster, with humour thrown in, and now with a great wealth of experience under your belt. Hope you are still around for many years to come to advise parents.

For all those that were unsuccessful, you take away the knowledge that the 11+ process will have instilled a good deal of knowledge for them to achieve and do well at any school...and maybe do well enough to join GS at sixth form in later years, so not all is lost.

The road ahead looks as though it may become harder and more competitive, especially since the birth rate reversed from 2003, after many years of decline, increasing year-on-year. Preparation will be the key, so good luck to all future prospective parents.

Elbart

p.s. Oakanagan (- and many others too!) keep up the good work and your invaluable posts.
UmSusu

Re: Ahead

Post by UmSusu »

Thank you Elbart for your kind message. It is good to hear from you again :D . You reminded me of all the times I poured my heart out on this forum :oops: so I too would like to thank all those those who reassured and guided me when I needed it. Hope your DS is enjoying his time at BV.

I would echo your words about looking ahead now that the results have sunk in. It is still the beginning of a new and exciting phase for them. Everything changes when they go to secondary school and it is a proud moment for all to find their DCs becoming more independent. I went to what might be described as a 'sink school' (I was the guinea pig child and my parents wisened up for my younger siblings - not that I am bitter :wink: ): I can honestly say that I thoroughly enjoyed (most) of it and made some amazing friendships. In fact, I remember refusing to go on an amazing family holiday and staying behind because I didn't want to miss school. And no, it did not stop me from going on to achieve the things I wanted in life either (my kids did that - only joking!).

I am pretty sure I will be sticking around. I have tried to jump ship before but as I spend most of the day on the computer, EPE is only ever a welcome procrastinating click away from the work I should be doing :D
UmSusu
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now