Tiffin Girls - 2013 admissions

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tiffinboys

Re: Tiffin Girls - 2013 admissions

Post by tiffinboys »

I don't have a child in TGS, but I know few who have 2 daughters there and they are aiming for their 3rd one to join their 2 elder sisters. In fact, a 3rd sister is to join TGS from this September.

If school was not too good, they won't be doing that. Instead, they could as well send their 3rd one to other grammars. Nonsuch is not that far away from where we live and is on one direct bus route.
TiffinGirls

Post by TiffinGirls »

I did ask my girls if they would choose their current schools for their own children should they have any. DD1 at TGS gave an unqualified yes. In fact she is quite indignant at the proposed catchment areas. DD2 at the comp said no, she wouldn't send her children there. No school is perfect but there is a lot less to worry about at TGS than most.
Ela

Post by Ela »

Thank You TiffinGirls and Boys! I have posted above here because it was an old topic on mums net, nobody would answer...Perhaps going crazy a bit from all this stress and waiting :roll: Of course bad things happen everywhere, it depends on how they are dealt with. Thank You for your replay.
shyams1791

Post by shyams1791 »

Hi All,
My DD got a place in Tiffin girl's school.
We live near watford. Does anybody from TGS lives near us.
I was thinking of sharing the commute.

Thanks

Shyam
somum

Post by somum »

shyams1791 wrote:Hi All,

Thanks

Shyam
Woww, How long will the commute take from Watford?
panicattack

Post by panicattack »

I think anyone who has a place should be delighted. In my daughter's experience, the girls are very supportive of each other, homework is reasonable and yes, the girls have fun!
TiffinGirls

Post by TiffinGirls »

Shyam - I think you are high on the waiting list for HBS? I would strongly advise you not to commute to TGS from Watford. My DD has quite a long commute but nowhere near as long as that and I think you will regret it. It is a nice school but no school is worth a journey like that.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

TiffinGirls wrote:Shyam - I think you are high on the waiting list for HBS? I would strongly advise you not to commute to TGS from Watford. My DD has quite a long commute but nowhere near as long as that and I think you will regret it. It is a nice school but no school is worth a journey like that.
:wink:
twelveminus

Post by twelveminus »

somum wrote:
shyams1791 wrote:Hi All,

Thanks

Shyam
Woww, How long will the commute take from Watford?
A looooooong time.

You could get from Watford Junction/High Street to Richmond in one hour, changing at Willesden Junction. Then the 65 bus to school. You'd have to get to the Watford station first of course.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

That's if London Overground is operating smoothly. :roll:

The service from Richmond has history of frequent signal problems and long delays. Look for detention and other sanctions most of the school days.