Online maths software

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Fitnik

Online maths software

Post by Fitnik »

I would really appreciate your advice.

I don't have an ipad, just a normal laptop. DS (age 10) also has his own laptop to use.

Are there any good online maths packages that could help accelerate my DS' maths level (currently 4b - he wants to move onto level 5 work asap and is making outstanding progress).

There are several packages that come up on a web search including Mathletics, Whizz, IXL and so on. I want a good package that will initially assess his strengths and weaknesses and then focus on his weaknesses (tailoring the online tuition as appropriate) to bring him up to a level 5 asap. We also need to be able to have regular reports on his progress to see how he is getting on.

This is no substitute for offline teaching as he already has a tutor and better teaching at school - we just want to keep him motivated and he is keen to do some extra work to progress quicker.

Thanks in advance for your help :D
penguin

Re: Online maths software

Post by penguin »

Hi

also check if your DS's school is signed up to mymaths - it's a maths/teaching learning bank of lessons that you can go into and learn and test yourself on. you're not limited to the homework set by school. the school does need to subscribe to the service though.
yoyo123

Re: Online maths software

Post by yoyo123 »

we use mathletics in our school

as well as checking what school is using, look at woodlands junior and bbc

http://www.arcademicskillbuilders.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is a free site, which gives feedback
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now