Bexley Grammar Distances

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Kittycat

Bexley Grammar Distances

Post by Kittycat »

We have not been offered our first choice of Bexley Grammar.
Can anyone who is between 2 and 4 miles (as the crow flies) let me know if they have / have not been successful with Bexley Grammar School this September? Trying to work out if it is realistic to hope we'll get a place on the waiting list. Many thanks!
Mookiemum

Re: Bexley Grammar Distances

Post by Mookiemum »

Sorry, don't know anyone get in who live far away from BGS this year. But you may not know the cut off distance in record (last year and before) are walking distance? As I know some friends live in west thamesmead got in last year. Hope this help.
Joules

Post by Joules »

We are about 1.7 miles but I know of children living about 2.8-3.2 miles away (driving distance) that were accepted this year.
Kittycat

Post by Kittycat »

That is what I'm hoping - we are 3.1 miles as crow flies .... Quite surprised we didn't get it as our first choice, but think we must be near the top of the waiting list?
I called and they said they couldn't talk about waiting lists until they have received all replies next week, and gone through them. But don't think I can bear the wait!!
Joules

Post by Joules »

Good luck Kittycat!
The children we know about 3 miles from the school live in Eltham, and I heard the catchment area this year went up to Well Hall road, but not beyond.
I know some of my son's got their third option, Chis&Sid.
Have not heard of anyone who got into Beth's this year.

At least one boy I know might not accept his place at BGS as he has a good offer from an indie, so that will be given to one child on the waiting list.
Fingers crossed for your DD/DS!
Bromleymum1

Post by Bromleymum1 »

Hi Kittycat,

They cannot tell you places on the waiting list yet, but what you can ask them is how far they came out with the offers on 1st March. This will give you more of an idea as to whether offer from waiting list will come your way.
Kittycat

Post by Kittycat »

Thanks.
I did speak to the school this afternoon .... Very disappointed to learn initial offers are only 2.3 miles, which means our 3.1 is probably a non starter.
Oh well - I guess I need to try to get DH and DD enthusiastic about 2nd choice Townley!
Bromleymum1

Post by Bromleymum1 »

Hi Kittycat,

Sorry to hear your news. Did Bexley Grammar change their proximity measurement this year from roads to in a direct line? I wonder whether this has had any effect.

I know it feels like a long wait, but all you can do now is make sure you are on the waiting list and see what happens at the beginning of April.

Good luck to you and your DD.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now