Waiting lists?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
OOCmum

Waiting lists?

Post by OOCmum »

Can anyone tell me more about the waiting lists?

I'm keen to know how many reshuffles/allocations there are, i.e. if we don't get either grammar choice tomorrow, how many opportunities throu waiting list is there likely to be?

Also, how are the waiting lists allocated from Skinners and TWBoys? Is it that Skinners woke down the list by score, but what else, is it first come first served? Is TWBoys, via just distance?

All info VERY gratefully accepted,

Xx
anotherworriedmum

Re: Waiting lists?

Post by anotherworriedmum »

OOCmum wrote: Is it that Skinners woke down the list by score, but what else, is it first come first served?
Hi OOCMum

Oh I will be interested to know the answer to this, I assumed it was score and then distance rather than date you went on the waiting list. Lets hope someone in the know is around to help.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I assumed it was score and then distance rather than date you went on the waiting list.
Waiting lists are run in the same fashion as the original admissions policy and schools are not allowed to give priority according to the date you joined the waiting list.

The admissions policy of any school should give information on waiting lists.

http://www.skinners-school.co.uk/?page= ... %20appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Waiting List
KCC will operate a waiting list for pupils who are not offered places in the first round of allocations. Parents who wish to have their son considered by the School in the reallocation process must inform KCC by completing the green form received with their offer letter and returning it to Sessions House by 19th March 2013.

Please do not send waiting list requests to The Skinners' School.

Prospective candidates on the waiting list will be ranked according to the school's oversubscription criteria. Parents of eligible pupils who are denied a place, have a right of appeal. After the reallocation process is completed, the ownership of waiting lists will return to schools on 17 April 2013 and should vacancies arise, schools will offer places to children on their waiting lists.
anotherworriedmum

Thanks so much, was in a flap last night, so nice to have someone sensible to help thanks :-)
mmtume

Post by mmtume »

Hi, is there a number to call to find out position on waiting list, please? Thx
GPmum

Post by GPmum »

Regarding waiting list, is priority given according to where you had ranked the school in order of preference originally on the form? In other words, if you have changed your mind about your first & second choice, will you NOT be given priority if you ranked the school second choice? Or is it purely on score/distance? Sorry for the ramble, hope that makes sense!!!
anotherworriedmum

GPmum wrote:Regarding waiting list, is priority given according to where you had ranked the school in order of preference originally on the form? In other words, if you have changed your mind about your first & second choice, will you NOT be given priority if you ranked the school second choice? Or is it purely on score/distance? Sorry for the ramble, hope that makes sense!!!
I think that they are not allowed to take any account of where you put the school on the form. This link might help http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... nce-system" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck!
GPmum

Post by GPmum »

thanks anotherworriedmum.............just wonder if we stand a chance of getting in from a waiting list. When are these lists actually looked at? Is it when the "second wave of offers" comes into play? Or is it after that??

Wish, in a way, we had put preferences in a different order back in October :roll: :roll:
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

GPmum...I think that the 17th April is the first date that you could be offered a place off the waiting list..if you want to say which school it is that you are after someone may be able to give more specific info about that school but it doesn't matter where you put it on your caf.
GPmum

Post by GPmum »

It is TGS that have put DD daughter on the w/l for.
It was our second choice originally, but I now realise she may well have got in on first round allocations - I did not think the cut off score would come down this year! :roll:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now