Travel from Solihull-SCGSG & BV -private bus??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

conundrum

Travel from Solihull-SCGSG & BV -private bus??

Post by conundrum »

I can't find easy route on public transport from Solihull to Sutton Girls-dd starts in Sept--has anyone any suggestions?
Alternatively Streetly Coaches are prepared to put on coach (they have been running coach from Sutton to Solihull since 1984) to SCGSG & BV with about 3 stops on morning run and 6 coming home in evening. It would need 40 children to make viable and cost @ £400 a term. Would this interest anyone??
um

Re: Travel from Solihull-SCGSG & BV -private bus??

Post by um »

I have heard of 2 minibuses going from the Solihull area for SCGS but sadly I have no contact details for these. They may also be full. But have you asked the school if they have any info?

It is about time there was a better transport link from Solihull/SE Birmingham to the Sutton Coldfield Schools, so I hope this works out. The price is very steep though. My boys have a public bus pass and it is about £75 each per term.
bobsure

Post by bobsure »

I would possibly be interested - from Kings Heath area to Sutton Girls. At the induction day (in July) - I believe the Head of Year gets pupils and parents together from similar areas so that they can discuss travel arrangements.
conundrum

Post by conundrum »

I am going to open day tomorrow so will ask then. It is chicken and egg situation-most coaches wont put on service until there is enough demand -and parents are unwilling to put school as preference because of transport problems. The more demand the cheaper the coach.
I agree -it is expensive-but I keep thinking parents who are paying for the existing service (from Sutton to Solihull School) are also paying school fees of £10,000 on top.
It would be great if somebody doing journey said how it was working out for their dd/ds-I just think New Street station which seems to be the hub is still a bit grim?
shital

Post by shital »

we cant put Sutton girl's because of the transport. That would be great if we have a green bus.
conundrum

Post by conundrum »

Open day very reassuring-apparently growing numbers travelling from Solihull very successfully!-will post closer to term start to let all prospectives know how travel is going. SCGSG so impressive-such a shame to be put off by travel problems.
shital

Post by shital »

please do Conundrum, that will be great if can have that travel felicities from Bham- Solihull to Sutton.
shital

Post by shital »

Conundrum is your daughter sitting exam this sep?
conundrum

Post by conundrum »

No-starting September so hopefully I can let you know before you have to fill out preference forms etc.
shital

Post by shital »

Thanks Conundrum. Good luck for your daughter.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now