Borlase appeals

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MelW

Borlase appeals

Post by MelW »

I have just been told by someone that no-one ever gets into Sir William Borlase on an appeal. How can this be true? Surely an appeal system is an appeal system whatever the school???
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Mel

I don't know if that is true or not of SWB Mel. An appeal IS always an appeal, but some Heads just make a stronger case than others.

Another school it is rumoured never loses an Appeal is Dr Challoners Boys. The Head attends every transfer appeal and puts forward a great many compelling facts as to why the school cannot cope with extra numbers. I believe the number of toilets in the school is a particularly gripping moment in his presentation!

Sally-Anne
Etienne

Re: Borlase appeals

Post by Etienne »

MelW wrote:I have just been told by someone that no-one ever gets into Sir William Borlase on an appeal. How can this be true?
It simply isn't true.

Over the years a lot of appeals for SWB have succeeded.
Etienne
njg

Post by njg »

Just for the record my daughter got into Borlase on appeal this year - so it does happen!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Eeek! Had you told us that njg? The last I remember or can find on the forum was that he was destined for JHGS.

Very well done indeed! :D

Sally-Anne
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Yes njg - I don't think I knew that either - great news!!

Post by Guest »

I thought you had a son?
njg

Post by njg »

Ha ha!
If you had remembered rightly my daughter was doing the 11+ and got into Borlase on appeal following her broken arm incident! At the same time my son was doing the 12+ and got a place at JHGS!!
We don't like to take the easy route.
Next one is in year 5 so just beginning to panic!!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now