Continuing interest list

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

strictlyfriends

Continuing interest list

Post by strictlyfriends »

decaff wrote:I am lucky I secured a distance place at my 1st choice Ricky. Distance here has come out a long way this year. I also applied to Queens and received a letter today saying that I would be 12th on academic waiting list so my DS score of 218 would not have been high enough for Queens on March 1st. Does anybody know academic cut offs for Rickmansworth and Queens?
Referring to the above quote, I am getting very confused regarding the CIL's. I thought if you received A higher preference school you would no longer be on the CIL for a lower preference school! If this is not the case the waiting lists are not a true indication of how many are in front of us. Can anyone shed any light on this?
decaff

Re: Continuing interest list

Post by decaff »

I am not on Queens CI list but they still wrote to everyone who applied stating where your child was positioned. I had a academic sports and distance waiting place. Presumably its easier to write to everyone on mass as they are unaware which position you have ranked school. I assume County will inform them that I have no intention of joining CI list. My letter arrived Saturday March 2nd. However I have accepted my 1st choice.
strictlyfriends

That is good news as far as I am concerned. It means that my number may not be as high as I initially thought, x
toostressed

Post by toostressed »

Hi, Herts forum has gone very quiet hasnt it?

Does anyone know what happens tomorrow? If you move up the CIL and get a place at one of your preferred schools does County send you an email, would that be tomorrow or Monday. I am assuming if you don't hear anything by Monday, the other option would be to contact the schools directly, am I right?
Sallyltb

Post by Sallyltb »

toostressed wrote:Hi, Herts forum has gone very quiet hasnt it?

Does anyone know what happens tomorrow? If you move up the CIL and get a place at one of your preferred schools does County send you an email, would that be tomorrow or Monday. I am assuming if you don't hear anything by Monday, the other option would be to contact the schools directly, am I right?
You won't hear anything from CIL until next week. HCC will contact you by letter iemail if there is any change to your child's allocation.
Mgnmum

Post by Mgnmum »

The actual rerunning of the list is done tomorrow. monday the 19th. people had until midnight on friday to accept their places. Also more complicated locally in watford area is you have to inform the schools directly that you wish to stay on CI list and for WGSG we had to complete a form and drop it into the school by last monday. Unless you completed the form you will automatically be removed form the CI list, despite HCC saying that everyone is automatically included in the first run. However as the schools are academies they can do what they like and set their own rules
Queenie

Post by Queenie »

My ds was on the cl for another consortium school 2 years ago and we had an email on the following Thursday evening after the deadline day. I think it takes herts county a few days to sort things out.
strictlyfriends

Hi, just to update I phoned admissions this morning (I am beginning to feel like a stalker :oops: ) and they said that they wont finish going through the CI lists until about Thursday and then an email/letter will go out to parents if there has been any change in their childs allocation.
mumssie

Post by mumssie »

Hi, just want to clarify, do we have to inform local authority if we want to stay on waiting list for QE? I accepted my second choice and just assumed that I am automatically on waiting list for QE..
toostressed

Post by toostressed »

Hi, if anyone receives an email from County saying their allocation has changed could you please post saying which school place has now been declined so we know if our place on the waiting list will go up. thanks